What is this piece?

• Sponsors (?)

That cone slips into the drivers side of the midpipe where it meets the exhaust manifold. That is the method of sealing on the drivers side as opposed to an exhaust gasket.

That cone slips into the drivers side of the midpipe where it meets the exhaust manifold. That is the method of sealing on the drivers side as opposed to an exhaust gasket.

sorry for the stupid question, but which way does it go? Or can it only slip on one way?

Anyone got a pic of what it should look like when on?

Im installing tomorrow

sorry for the stupid question, but which way does it go? Or can it only slip on one way?

Anyone got a pic of what it should look like when on?

Im installing tomorrow

No problem.

There is only 1 way for it to go on.

On the drivers side of the X pipe, where the X pipe meets the exhaust manifold, that cup slips in the end of the X pipe before you install it. Thats it. It just drops down in there.

No problem.

There is only 1 way for it to go on.

On the drivers side of the X pipe, where the X pipe meets the exhaust manifold, that cup slips in the end of the X pipe before you install it. Thats it. It just drops down in there.

You got a link that shows installation? I know its pretty easy I just hear Ill need a swivel and a LONG extension. I want to see what Im dealing with and the car isnt outside at the moment

You got a link that shows installation? I know its pretty easy I just hear Ill need a swivel and a LONG extension. I want to see what Im dealing with and the car isnt outside at the moment

I don't have one saved, but i'll look and see if I can find one. I'll post it up if I do.

I installed my X pipe and can give you these tips.

You need a floor jack and at least two jack stands. Ramps are nice, but not needed.

I forget what size socket you need, but you will also need some extensions and a swivel joint.

You will probaly need something that can act as a breaker bar. A peice of pipe that slips over the ratchet will work, just so you can get leverage.

If the bolts are really nasty, soak them in PB Blaster or an equivilent lubricant.

You will need to disconnect the o2 sensors before removing the pipe. If you have an o2 sensor wrench, or a small enough wrench period, you can just remove the upper o2's and not fight with disconnecting them from their harnesses (its a TIGHT fit to reach them). Its easiest to just transfer the rears after the stock midpipe is removed.

Its a good idea to have an extra set of jackstands to hold the catback in place so it doesnt hang/droop down. Its one less thing to fight with.

Drop in the cone on the drivers side. Just a reminder, lol.

Make sure when you are installing the new X pipe, you get it as level as you can under the car. You can also use the floor jack to raise it up into the correct position before you tighten everything down.

Replace the gasket on the passengers side where the exhaust manifold meets the X pipe. It will be VERY VERY VERY frustrating to finish the job, and start the car only to hear a massive exhaust leak because the gasket broke. It happened to me.

Have fun, it is aggrivating working in tight spaces. If you have acess to a lift it is literally a 15-20 min job. On the ground it will take a little longer as reaching, lifting, positioning, and tightening at the same time is tiring, lol.

Really on 20min? Maybe Ill pay a shop 1/2hr labor to bolt it on for me then :D

If not thanks for the advice it'll come in handy. Especially that part about the front O2 sensors, I read about them being a PITA to disconnect, wouldnt have even thought about unscrewing them and not disconnecting :rlaugh:

Where do I get the gasket at? autozone or kragens?

Cause it didnt come with one

Really on 20min? Maybe Ill pay a shop 1/2hr labor to bolt it on for me then :D

If not thanks for the advice it'll come in handy. Especially that part about the front O2 sensors, I read about them being a PITA to disconnect, wouldnt have even thought about unscrewing them and not disconnecting :rlaugh:

Where do I get the gasket at? autozone or kragens?

Cause it didnt come with one

Well, probaly not 20 mins. for the first time, lol. But after you see what's what its not a bad job. I would definatly do it myself again.

No problem for the advice. Its nothing major, but a few small points that will save a few mins here and there. I literally couldnt fit my hand in a position to get ahold of the front o2's and get enough pulling force to disconnect them from the harness. It is definatly easier to unscrew them from the stock midpipe and leave them on the car.

I got my gasket from Advance Auto. I'm sure Autozone has them too, but mine had to be ordered. We don't have a Kragens around here though, but they could probaly get them also.

They are cheap, as in $10 from the dealer cheap if you run out of options. Its called the exhaust manifold flange gasket.

it will be a 2hr job for the first time.. lets be realaistic..

Definatly. I was just saying that if he had a lift and could stand under the car instead of working on his back, it would go alot faster... 20mins is realistic for that once you have done the job once or twice before, but definatly not the first time.

I think it took me 3-4 hours, but I got my hair stuck in the creeper and got pissed off, took a break...:rlaugh: I wouldn't expect it to take less.

Long hair FTL when working on a car. Its gone now though...:rolleyes: