what is up with 5.0 guys?

like the title says what is up with 5.0 guys thinking that there cars are the fastest things on the road with little or no mods? reason i'm asking is because i smoked one last night by 2-3 car lengths from a light. (we did it at the track, not on the street....because it was much safer that way and I know very well a starting a thread involving street racing would get this thread shut down in a hurry!). after i smoked this guy i pulled into a gas station and he fallowed me he pulled up and swore that i had nitrous because according to him no 4.6 had ever pulled on him like that. I told him i only have a few bolt ons but i dont think believed me. Not trying to diss on 5.0s in anyway they are great stangs but what the f$%k. reason im asking is because this is not the first something like this has happened

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a 5.0 guy....but i do agree with you. I see a lot of cocky stock 5.0's with just exhaust on the street and beat them in my 4.6L GT.

But my own personal 5.0 is faster than my GT, so i would be stupid to even think they can't be made fast with mods.

everyone thinks their cars are fast here... last night I had a guy pull up next to me in an awd talon reving the engine like the guy in the honda commercial. All I can do is laugh at these people...

yea i just got back from the track tonight raced a 5.0 guy and man was he an ass. i took his lane not on purpose i told him i was going under the water to miss it cause street tires and water dont work very well. so he thought i was then taking left lane and i was suppose to get right. after we raced he came up to me yelling saying what the **** are you doing man.

he wasnt even a pro racer he was just some guy with his car spraying crap loads of nitrous lol. the pros arent even like this at the track.

i agree with some 5.0 guys being cocky..........im not that cocky though being that i have a 5.0 also. But i do get revved up by both NPI and PI 4.6L, but i dont race them because i have a built motor with other mods and know that i will waste them easily

here is a list of what it has:

built 306 .............................................. 3.73 gears
forged internals................................... O/R procamber
long rods.............................................. Flowmaster catback 2 chamber
windage tray........................................ and more things......
crank scapper
main girddle
TFS twisted wedge alum. heads
custom ground cam
shorty headers
24lbs injectors
76mm MAF
70mm TB and EGR spacer

I do agree.
I'm an ex 5.0 guy,and still think they are the best bang for the buck,but come on,look at some of the 4.6 2V out there.There is some pretty bad 2V,4V,and now 3V modulars out there.
I know i wouldn't go back,the future is now,and that is the modular family.In such a short time,look what the modular family has accomplished.:nice:

everyone thinks their cars are fast here... last night I had a guy pull up next to me in an awd talon reving the engine like the guy in the honda commercial. All I can do is laugh at these people...

WHOA...watchout man. :eek: Those car are no joke when even slightly modified. They arent to be taken lightly....because most arent stock.
Just a boost controler will put them into the 13s usually. I used to get my butt handed to me by a friend of mine with a 92 TSI AWD Talon.

He had like 3K in the ENTIRE car (car included)...car trapped 114MPH in the 1/4 @ 24PSI with problems (spark blowout and huge bog) LOL. All he has was a self overhauled engine with aftermarket 9.0-1 pistons (stock crank/rods), stock head/cams, and a t-60 turbo he bought for about $900. Crazy easy to make power with them...so yea, wrong type car to laugh at haha.

BTW I have a fully forged 331 stroker in my 66. I like the engine alot.....especially the ability to rev to 7500RPM :D

the IQ level of 5.0 drivers has dropped 50 pts in the last 5 years.

I think that way about all the younger drivers on the road. Oneday i just want to meet the guy giving out the drivers licenses to these people and:chair:

Seriously, I have owned a 5.0 since I was 19. Im 38 now and dont think any different about the mod motors than I do about the 5.0

In my mind the next guys stang or whatever is only as fast as the knowledge he has or the money in his pockets. Neither of which some of these you kids actually
have or have any understanding of.

These as we know are those peeps that pull up at a light while your just chillin, rev there motor and when the light turns green, they hammer it and leave in a cloud of rubber. Meanwhile your still sittin at the light :rlaugh: your @ss off wondering WTF was that all About.:shrug:

Its not just 5.0 guys :eek: its every retard who has been poisend by the Fast and Furious disease.

WHOA...watchout man. :eek: Those car are no joke when even slightly modified. They arent to be taken lightly....because most arent stock.
Just a boost controler will put them into the 13s usually. I used to get my butt handed to me by a friend of mine with a 92 TSI AWD Talon.

He had like 3K in the ENTIRE car (car included)...car trapped 114MPH in the 1/4 @ 24PSI with problems (spark blowout and huge bog) LOL. All he has was a self overhauled engine with aftermarket 9.0-1 pistons (stock crank/rods), stock head/cams, and a t-60 turbo he bought for about $900. Crazy easy to make power with them...so yea, wrong type car to laugh at haha.

BTW I have a fully forged 331 stroker in my 66. I like the engine alot.....especially the ability to rev to 7500RPM :D

No joke those Talons can be made real quick with out breaking the bank

I know the Talons can be quick... I was laughing at the way he was reving like a crazy man.

Has no one seen the honda commercial where the guy is sitting in the F1 car reving like there is no tomorrow, and then he asks how much it is... the dealer says like 2Mil, and he says... well does it come in blue? ... it's really funny.

I have no issue racing people even if I know I will lose... I raced a 2004 viper the other day. I lost horribly, but I still was willing. I've raced brand new Vettes, camaros... whatever, it's nothing to lose... it's the fun factor. :)

i agree with orange ^

and i have seen it where 5.0 guys think their car is fast as hell because they run straight pipes and paint it primer gray. but i have seen it more where people ask you what she has and you say a 4.6 and they just get this dissappointed look on their face or say "ohh" in a sighing kind of way. What? Do they think because its not as big of displacement its slower? I dont get it lol

i agree with orange ^

and i have seen it where 5.0 guys think their car is fast as hell because they run straight pipes and paint it primer gray. but i have seen it more where people ask you what she has and you say a 4.6 and they just get this dissappointed look on their face or say "ohh" in a sighing kind of way. What? Do they think because its not as big of displacement its slower? I dont get it lol

i love it when they underestimate the little 4.6L.....cause they get surprised when either i beat them or keep up with them

There was a Talon at the track last Friday, looked stock except for a big ass intercooler that took up 90% of his front bumper. He ran 11.2s with a 1.65 60'!

As for the 5.0s there are a few in my town that tried messing with me and lets just say they look the other way or stay way back if they're behind me. LOL