What Ive been up to.......(warning, 50 pictures)

• Sponsors (?)

I have been collecting parts for my swap and my booster looks different. My eyelet on the brake pedal part is offset and not centered on the shaft. Are you sure that you have a 94? I have 3 94 brake boosters including a cobra one and they look different. Just a thought.
Kevin

I have been collecting parts for my swap and my booster looks different. My eyelet on the brake pedal part is offset and not centered on the shaft. Are you sure that you have a 94? I have 3 94 brake boosters including a cobra one and they look different. Just a thought.
Kevin

Thank you for mentioning that. I looked into it and the booster was actually off of a 96 which explains the difference. Apparantly there are some issue with the brake pedal binding up with this particular booster. Well I will mock it up first and hopefully it will not bind, otherwise I will be on the hunt for a new booster.

What heads?? I can't make out the name. On second thought, trick flow??

Looks like a sweet build. Your car has always been one of my favorite 4 eyes, the color might have something to do w/ it

Thank you for mentioning that. I looked into it and the booster was actually off of a 96 which explains the difference. Apparantly there are some issue with the brake pedal binding up with this particular booster. Well I will mock it up first and hopefully it will not bind, otherwise I will be on the hunt for a new booster.

I was just going to post that.

I would try and find a 94-95 booster. Brakes are not something you want to take a chance with

Alright Well I ordered some grey and some black zerorust but I have been waiting a week for it to show up...So I havent had a chance to paint the K member yet because of that. But here it is after being blasted. It is out of a 90.
IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0536-1.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Ive collected MORE parts lol. This thread is really turning into a "look what I got" thread but I promise there will eventually be some decent progress.

Anyways here are my new brakes. They are off of a low mileage 03 cobra and came with Hawk pads and russell's stainless lines all the way around. I cant wait until I can feel the difference of going from a 10" disc and 9" drums in the back up to 13" rotors with twin piston calipers and 11.65" vented rear discs. Im extra excited on how good it will stop if the car is under 3000lbs.

Ive got to still paint the calipers. I think Im going black or red, but most likely black.
IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Heres the latest fun Ive been having with the car. As soon as I get this booster out of the way I will be a happy camper. The new booster I have is off of a 96 which creates an issue. The eyelit on the part that attaches to the pedal is not offset like the stock one.
IMG_0610.jpg

Im gonna have to mock it up and see if it is going to cause pedal bind. Hopefully it doesnt.

And of course the fun that is involved in getting one of these things to fit. These pictures are after I have already slotted two of the hole. Obviously I will be slotting them much more than that.
IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Wow! I didn't see the thread on foureyepride but after seeing it here, I give you awesome props! That's totally cool that you're not only changing the suspension and brakes, but you're doing a resto as you go. Stripping, cleaning, priming and painting everything is so much better than installing new parts against "old" stuff. I'll be following this as you go so good luck and keep posting pictures.

WOW ...someone else who is just as insane as me....take a perfectly nice car and gut/clean/paint and rebuild for no reason but to be out of mind...Im going on 8 months and thoasands of dollars.

Ive posted this on every other forum but what the helllllllllllll

Car has officially been blasted. A few surprises but nothing big, just a couple new pin holes that I didnt notice before. The front of the driver side floor pan was starting up too but its no big deal cause it call all be taken care of no problem. The guys said I will probably have the car back on friday. These guys dont mess around.

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg