What killed your mod budget?

Fenders rusty=need new fenders. Aprons rusty need rust removal. Mise well buy new hood and repaint car while I'm at it. Need etching primer, urethane primer, sealer primer, paint and clear. Need new rear bumper (mise well). Hood looks to big (maybee a saleen or cobra wing to even it.) Cant put these rusty screws back in (order more). You all see where this is going.
I've already figured that I'm only saving about a grand doing it myself.
This always happens on projects. My 9400.00 budget is only at 980.00 now. The cars body still isnt done, but the HP kit and axles are in the mail. Such is life.

• Sponsors (?)

about 5 months ago i had to sell all my parts due to me not haveing enough work! i was a contractor! so i had to sell

FMS 3.73 Gears
Ground Pounder Rear Cover
Trac-lok Rebuild Kit
Master Bearing Rebuild Kit.. Axcel etc...
65mm TB
and Spacer for it

now im making ok money at the moment... so in couple months i will get gear put in... im just doing some suspension work at the moment because its shot!

It does suck when things come up... or you can't do what you want to your car...

DmnStr8 said:
Thanks for the thought. Its ok I'm getting married in a few months and she earns about double what I make. Lol. So the bills will be paid. I just loose my fun budget. It sucks but I'm not in a bottle or anything.

Sweet. Good women are hard to find these days. Congrats on your wedding. Don't for get to share some wedding cake with your Stangnet buddies.

:D

Brain surgery, along with a whole mess of other doctor bills that came with it. Then my evil ex left me and took my boy (who i've got back now, TAKE THAT BITCH!) and then i took a different job at a pay cut....I'm just now back to where i started before the crap hit the fan.

rdharper02 said:
Fenders rusty=need new fenders. Aprons rusty need rust removal. Mise well buy new hood and repaint car while I'm at it. Need etching primer, urethane primer, sealer primer, paint and clear. Need new rear bumper (mise well). Hood looks to big (maybee a saleen or cobra wing to even it.) Cant put these rusty screws back in (order more). You all see where this is going.
I've already figured that I'm only saving about a grand doing it myself.
This always happens on projects. My 9400.00 budget is only at 980.00 now. The cars body still isnt done, but the HP kit and axles are in the mail. Such is life.

Check your PMs y0!

Saving my money so I can help pay for college and get some good investments has kinda hurt my budget. Well not hurt it, but I don't want to go blowing all my money on car parts with other stuff to prepare for too. Trying to spend a little, save a little.

Lets see...

Divorce started to kill it....then I wanted custody of my son, that pretty much wiped it out...:eek: ...but I won that fight!!:nice:

I'd blow my mod money for my kid any day!! It is just a car....and it sits in the garage 11 month's of the year.

88gt said:
Lets see...

Divorce started to kill it....then I wanted custody of my son, that pretty much wiped it out...:eek: ...but I won that fight!!:nice:

I'd blow my mod money for my kid any day!! It is just a car....and it sits in the garage 11 month's of the year.

At least now you've got someone to wax it! :D

Tranny went out in the 99 PSD. Cost ~2400 for the new one, plus install, plus new cooler. Then while its getting installed, I figure out that it needs ball joints and new hubs (the sealed, one peice kind, both sides) So lets just say that I spent enough to buy one of Ricks Dart based 347's:bang: Oh well, just finished a huge bid job that will it all off in one fell swoop! So yeah, stay positive and anything can happen!!!!

Swarzkopf said:
DmnStr8, why don't you sell off some of that arsenal you have to finance your go-fast parts? :D

:jaw:

Lol, not gonna happen. I have a rule about selling off one hobby to finance another. Never happens. If I sell guns its to buy guns or gun related items only.

School dunnit. Gotta save up the dough to cover the bills for that one month or so that I'll be working 40+ hours a week WITHOUT PAY (externship for phlebotomy). I hardly even have enough dough to cover the gas it takes to drive all the way to school and back every day, and I'm just praying nothing breaks between now and the end of school, otherwise I'm totally beyond screwed.

And it doesn't stop there. Afterwards, I've gotta dig myself outta the school loan hole, and I wanna nail this stupid credit card of mine (partly from school, partly from ... well, the 'Stang) once and for all. Then, and only then, will I be cool. :D