What kind of Gas will you put in your new 05 GT?????

SVTdriver said:
I'd rather use the cruise missile. That way there is no body to show for being a martyr. We can just say he's still missing.

That wouldn't work either, since his followers would just fake messages from him. What you do is take the 9mm and blow his testicles off and lock him up in a prison for the rest of his life. No one would want to share that fate with him.

• Sponsors (?)

ONZZ said:
I use super in my 00 GT, don't know why but just do. So if I had a 05 i'll use super too

You're wasting your money for no good reason. In fact, you're probably losing a few horsepower.

Don't buy into the signs at the gas pumps that make it sound like premium fuel means "faster car" or "longer engine life". If you avoid the crappy independent gas stations and stick with the major companies, regular gasoline is of fine quality. The octane rating is just a measure of the fuel's tendency to self ignite. Since our GT's are fairly low-compression, using higher octane than regular is doing nothing but decreasing the chances of getting a complete burn in the cylinders. Incomplete burn = less power.

mattdee1 said:
You're wasting your money for no good reason. In fact, you're probably losing a few horsepower.

Don't buy into the signs at the gas pumps that make it sound like premium fuel means "faster car" or "longer engine life". If you avoid the crappy independent gas stations and stick with the major companies, regular gasoline is of fine quality. The octane rating is just a measure of the fuel's tendency to self ignite. Since our GT's are fairly low-compression, using higher octane than regular is doing nothing but decreasing the chances of getting a complete burn in the cylinders. Incomplete burn = less power.

:owned:

ONZZ said:
I use super in my 00 GT, don't know why but just do. So if I had a 05 i'll use super too

Why would you pay 20¢ more a gallon for the fuel that will give your car worse performance and milage? :scratch: :nono:

Like mattdee1 said, don't fall for the trick marketing. There is nothing premium about premium. It is the same gas just a different octane, it doen't burn cleaner or better for the car (unless you have a high compression engine).

It amazes me sometimes that as much as our society depends on cars and in turn depends on gasoline people don't know anything about it. I'd say that 95% of people have no idea what octane means.

For those that indicated they don't know, octane values represent the fuels ability to resist detonation. The higher the octane value the higher the ability to resist detonation. Even simpler, the higher the octane number the harder the gas is to ignite. This matters for example in cars that have high compression. If such a car were using a gasoline that ignited very easy they would run the risk of the gasoline igniting before the spark plug sparks due to the heat a pressure created by the high compression. This is very bad for your engine and should be avoided at all costs. So we run a gas that has a higher octane level and will resist detonating.

Not that there's anything wrong with what you said 7000rpm, but I think this is a bit clearer:

HOW OCTANE WORKS

If you've read How Car Engines Work, you know that almost all cars use four-stroke gasoline engines. One of the strokes is the compression stroke, where the engine compresses a cylinder-full of air and gas into a much smaller volume before igniting it with a spark plug. The amount of compression is called the compression ratio of the engine. A typical engine might have a compression ratio of 8-to-1. (See How Car Engines Work for details.)

The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Knocking can damage an engine, so it is not something you want to have happening. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting.

The compression ratio of your engine determines the octane rating of the gas you must use in the car. One way to increase the horsepower of an engine of a given displacement is to increase its compression ratio. So a "high-performance engine" has a higher compression ratio and requires higher-octane fuel. The advantage of a high compression ratio is that it gives your engine a higher horsepower rating for a given engine weight -- that is what makes the engine "high performance." The disadvantage is that the gasoline for your engine costs more.

The name "octane" comes from the following fact: When you take crude oil and "crack" it in a refinery, you end up getting hydrocarbon chains of different lengths. These different chain lengths can then be separated from each other and blended to form different fuels. For example, you may have heard of methane, propane and butane. All three of them are hydrocarbons. Methane has just a single carbon atom. Propane has three carbon atoms chained together. Butane has four carbon atoms chained together. Pentane has five, hexane has six, heptane has seven and octane has eight carbons chained together.

It turns out that heptane handles compression very poorly. Compress it just a little and it ignites spontaneously. Octane handles compression very well -- you can compress it a lot and nothing happens. Eighty-seven-octane gasoline is gasoline that contains 87-percent octane and 13-percent heptane (or some other combination of fuels that has the same performance of the 87/13 combination of octane/heptane). It spontaneously ignites at a given compression level, and can only be used in engines that do not exceed that compression ratio.

During WWI, it was discovered that you can add a chemical called tetraethyl lead to gasoline and significantly improve its octane rating. Cheaper grades of gasoline could be made usable by adding this chemical. This led to the widespread use of "ethyl" or "leaded" gasoline. Unfortunately, the side effects of adding lead to gasoline are:

Lead clogs a catalytic converter and renders it inoperable within minutes.
The Earth became covered in a thin layer of lead, and lead is toxic to many living things (including humans).
When lead was banned, gasoline got more expensive because refineries could not boost the octane ratings of cheaper grades any more. Airplanes are still allowed to use leaded gasoline, and octane ratings of 115 are commonly used in super-high-performance piston airplane engines (jet engines burn kerosene, by the way).

so basicly after ready both of ur posts..

its pretty much a waste of octaine if i were to put super in the 05 GT when it says regular in the manual..

that seems to be what everyone else was sayin as well..

Wylde said:
Ardijani---Probably about 10-12/100 Highway and 18-20/100 City. Just a guess at this point in time, it may be better or it may even be worst. We use that measurement in Canada too. :D

I don't know about US, but here in MAcedonia the gasoline is very expensive!!!

For an example: 1 litre gasoline = 1 US Dolar!!! :mad:

That means I have to spent 20 US Dolars to pass 100 Kilometres!!! :bang:

And that is too much!!! But, in the other hand, I had an Alfa Romeo 155 that it was consuming 15 litres per Kilometre!!! So, 5 litres more is NOTHING in compare what will I drive :D

I love USA!!! :flag:

yellow5.0cobra said:
GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

I AM FROM SKOPJE!(father), Grandpa lives in CHROME(i dunno how to spell it in macedonian).

There is only 1 mustang in all of skopje and its a WHITE 94-95 V6 next to my cousins house!

BTW, if you in the market for a Daewoo Matiz(dark green/gold), I got one for sale. 5spd and in excellent condition!(in Skopje neighborhood).

Pete

Well Pete,

Nice "writing" to you. I think that I have seen couple of Mustangs in Skopje!!! One black (older), and couple of them newer (red, white).

So, Maybe I'm wrong but, never mind... Can you ask them how did they brought here (Macedonia) the mustang??? Or if you can give me some contacts to call them and ask...

Thanks anyway... :shrug: