What kind of reactions do you guys get on the street?

4.6LSleeper

Jan 20, 2004
My friend borrowed his uncles 1929 Ford pickup the other day and we went cruising around town in it. We got tons of looks, thumbs ups, and reactions from people. What kind of reactions do you guys get in your classic mustangs? Any cool stories? I have a Honda Prelude right now and it gets me form point A to point B, but I want to sell it and buy a 1967-68 Mustang Fastback, does $10,000 sound like enough to get a decent one? All right, that’s about it. Don’t be afraid to comment.

• Sponsors (?)

People don't really give me thumbs up or too much around here, but they definately stare. I dunno if it's because they like the car or are just trying to find out where the loud noise is coming from :D Fellow stangers usually give me a wave or rev or something. 8/10 times I go to the gas station I have some tourist guy who thinks he knows something about cars asking me questions. "So, uh, you got a V8?" "Nope, 2.5" duals on a six cylinder, here's your sign" Heh, just kiddin, most of the time I'm nice about it.

As for the FB, that's probably the most sought after mustang that isn't "rare" (ie boss, shelby, etc). With 10k though you should be able to find a pretty good one...but it greatly depends upon your area as well.

Well, it depends on what you consider "decent" (refering to your fastback purchase). The recent popularity of Eleanor has caused the prices of '67-'68 Fastbacks to be rather INLFLATED to say the least. You can still possibly find a driver for that $$, just not on E-bay! :nice:

i have to agree with norcal. mostly stares, and a few people who get aggrevated when you set their car alarm off lol...haha but i wouldnt have it any other way, driving a classic mustang is great, you feel in power, and different from all the other cars on the road. It also helps in the ladies dept., thats if they dont mind excessive noise and maybe no air, but if they dont mind that, then thay are the right girl. Good luck, and hope you find the mustang thats right for you in the future.
Matt

P.S. most of the stares come from old guys, most of the grins come from kids who think their cars are the $^%$ :)

Double post owns you! haha j/k

That's nice to know because I don't think I could handle that kind of attention all the time. Yeah, I hate Eleanor with a passion. Because of her I have to spend way more than I should have to. But what can you do. I have to agree that it is a nice car, but making a replica of a movie car seems a little silly to me.

well, surprisingly i don't get too many honks or waves, but the occasional classic car drives by i get a huge wave :) , also,...i've noticed that chicks dig the car alot lol. like the 3rd day i had my mustang, car full of chicks drove by and they were all waving and honking. funny :D

66stangmeister said:
well, surprisingly i don't get too many honks or waves, but the occasional classic car drives by i get a huge wave :) , also,...i've noticed that chicks dig the car alot lol. like the 3rd day i had my mustang, car full of chicks drove by and they were all waving and honking. funny :D

Thats awsome. Those are pretty much the exact reactions I want. Can't go wrong with a car that chicks dig. Thanks for the feedback guys.

oh and if ure in high school...u'll probably have the nicest car :p and people will look alot there tho. i was afraid to park it in the high school parking lot..all those damn crazy kids running around in their imports :p

but yeah its great to drive mustangs, like MustangMatt1966 said, u are driving something different from most everyone so its great :)

Yeah, I'm a senior right now so I won't have it untill college. Oh well. Yeah It is horrible at my school, every other kid in our high school thinks they have a race car. (I am proud to saw that my Honda is completely stock, haha.) They drive like maniacs, It makes me pretty angry. It's kids like that that cause kids like me to pay tons for insurance.

Here in HOTlanta I ride around with my windows down all the time so people are always asking me about the car at red lights. I get one reaction alot that annoys/pisses me off: honking. I always think I'm about to hit someone when they do it but they're doing it to get my attention to say hey cool car. I wish people would stop that.

skywalker said:
Here in HOTlanta I ride around with my windows down all the time so people are always asking me about the car at red lights. I get one reaction alot that annoys/pisses me off: honking. I always think I'm about to hit someone when they do it but they're doing it to get my attention to say hey cool car. I wish people would stop that.

That happend to my friend yesterday. He was like "What did I do wrong?". I think he forgot that he was driving a 1929 Ford, haha.

Reactions? No exaggeration, EVERY time I take the car out, people honk, give me a thumbs up, ask me about it, compliment it, etc. Sometimes I overhear people at the bus stop talking about "I used to have one just like that" etc.

It definitely feels good to drive this car. I make up excuses to drive it, even if it's just to take my son for a ride around the neighborhood (did this last night, and a guy who was out bike riding flagged me down and it turns out he has a Dk Moss green 67 coupe like mine, and a blue 67 vert...I've seen them both before, but didn't know who owned them).

And I don't feel there is any compromise when compared with a newer car. I can't think of a new car that can compete with a classic when it comes to all out "cool factor" unless you're talking high end exotics.

Also no compromise because with the new suspension, my car handles great. I also have factory A/C which works great. In a few weeks I should start on my 4 wheel disk conversion, and then I'll be even better in the handling dept.

Did I mention I love my car???

Reactions?

Hmmm, strangely enough I get the most thumbs up from guys on motorcycles. Perhaps they appreciate the power?

As for the ladies... :)

I was cruising down Sunset in Hollywood one night, and that area is pretty much dominated by people in german cars or SUV's. At a stop light, my buddy taps my arm and I look over to see some girl literally crawling over her date to try and get into my car! It was the funniest damn thing...and of course my buddy kept prompting her.

It's always interesting driving something out of the ordinary, and it seems classic stangers are a rare breed in some places.

Wow, you get those kind of reactions every time you go out. Mine probably wont be in that great of condition so I probabaly wont get the same reactions, but it doesnt matter, as long as im rollin. BTW,what kind of suspention do you have on your 67?

NorCal66 said:
8/10 times I go to the gas station I have some tourist guy who thinks he knows something about cars asking me questions. "So, uh, you got a V8?" "Nope, 2.5" duals on a six cylinder, here's your sign" Heh, just kiddin, most of the time I'm nice about it.
:lol: I've actually seen that.

My unfinished 67 gets plenty of looks. No one as of yet has guessed that its a 6. I get a lot of older people coming up to me in parking lots or gas stations saying that they had one like it (or some other old car), and they tell me how much they regret selling it.

I live in Georgia, so everyone loves musclecars here. I get alot of attention in the clone. I've had guys offer me their girlfriends in exchange for the cars. One pedestrian recently got down on his hands and knees on the sidewalk and started doing that little :hail2: thing. It was high school prom night last weekend, and i would drive by the places where all the kiddos were getting their pics taken outside, and they would stop what they're doing, and walk over to the car. Guys flat out left their dates! :rlaugh: The girls go nuts too. Its the best. Its the stripes. They just get your attention. If im driving around, i'll get some sort of acknowledgement every 2.5 minutes on the street.:D i swear!

Its awesome!!!

Everybody tries to race me, always havin people staring, waving, my friends wanting me to drive everywhere we go, ricers revving at me, lil kids drooling, had a few people hump my car. Its great , too bad u couldn't hvae it and drive it while in high school though.

I get honk, waves, stares, thumbs up etc......the best is when I sit at a red light and someone pulls up and starts saying something....I have no clue what they are saying (to try to hear at idle with 3 inch pipes, an X, 2 chamber flows and 408 cubes rumbling where you can count each cylinder as it fires)....I just point to my ears, shake my head in a 'no' fashion, then shrug my shoulders, and put the biggest arse smile on my face....they usually bust out laughing and end with a thumbs up :)