What made u buy a 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

I originally had a 2001 Vert, which I loved. Then a 16yr old girl turned across traffic right in front of me, I slammed into her (airbags deployed ...), and the insurance company totaled it. I was really bummed. Then I bought a Mazda Millenia for a song. It was a really nice car, but I felt like an old man in it; it just wasn't me. So I found a 1996 GT Vert and I was happy again, but it wasn't very fast. The 4.10s really helped tho. When I realized how expensive the PI headswap would end up being, and it would only get me to where the 99+ GTs are stock, I decided to sell the 96 and get a 94/95. I sold the 96 for $8900 and bought the 95 for $7000. The headswap cost MUCH less and my car now feels as fast as the 2001.

Parts cost SO MUCH LESS and they are easy to work on.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you if I did. My friends g/fs dad has a '96 he mods a lot. I think theres a pretty decent following for our style cars because it doesn't take that much money to mod. I guess I didn't really need to bring up an age factor to arise my point that not a lot of people know what our cars can be capable of.

no worries .. it's all good :cheers:

i think the age thing has more to do with priorities ... people over 40 are are probably more likely to have "gotten over" their drive to mod their cars either because they have "matured", or because they are raising families, which really cuts into the time and money side of things.

maybe i have just not "matured" enough ... my wife is always getting on me about that ... lol

then again, video games don't really get me going like they used to ...

hmm i'm in the wrong section....

i always thought the foxes were kinda ugly, i knew a girl in junior high who's dad had a convertible, then i was looking through a mustang mag (i have a 65) and i started seeing a lot of these cars, one day before i had my license i was going somewhere with my parents, out of nowhere a 5.0 flys past us, exhaust blaring..... at that point i knew i had to have one so i looked around, bought a project and about a year later i have a few boltons, car's currently in the shop getting paint/body work, soon to be the proud owner of a mineral grey fox :nice:

my first car when i was 16 was a brand new 2000 V6 auto, and even though short of power I loved the car and it is still my daily driver today, 5 years later. Then once I got a real job and started making decent money, I started looking for a fox body with low miles, in good shape and not ragged out (which are almost impossible to find). Found a few but none of them ever really caught my interest, most were modded all to hell or just dogged out. Then at the end of Jan. this year I found a 95 GT Vert, 5 spd. for sale with full exhaust, gears and 03' Cobra rims and that was it for $7,500. I test drove it and was instantly addicted, the power, the rumble of the exhaust everything about it was just awesome. Plus I managed to knock the seller down to $6,500. I'm glad I have the 95' instead of a Fox body for several reasons. Disc brakes all around, 5 lug axles, newer edge styling, and Fox's handling sucks in comparison.