What mods are you going to do right when you get your 05?

• Sponsors (?)

There's no point in preordering the car when the price is not available. The only I can see is if you want to be one of the 1st driving it in the streets. But, it's 100% sure that you'll pay more than they guy who'll wait a couple of months before buying at a dealer. Cause when you buy this way, you can shop & compare between many dealers & get the best price..
Only fanatics preorder mustangs that's it... but believe me, buying a car shouldn't be a 100% decision taken with you heart...

calvado said:
There's no point in preordering the car when the price is not available. The only I can see is if you want to be one of the 1st driving it in the streets. But, it's 100% sure that you'll pay more than they guy who'll wait a couple of months before buying at a dealer. Cause when you buy this way, you can shop & compare between many dealers & get the best price..
Only fanatics preorder mustangs that's it... but believe me, buying a car shouldn't be a 100% decision taken with you heart...

So you can't shop between dealers on who will give you the lowest price. Before the car hits the lots? Um no, I have been doing just that. Almost every dealer near me wants $5k or more over MSRP. I've been talking to dealers. And I know have one that will sell it to me for MSRP. We don't know what rebates or financing offers Ford will have for the new mustang. But there have been several threads on several mustang sites. That say there will be rebates when it comes out. As for buying with your heart no. But I would say the decision on what to buy should be.

SVTdriver said:
I may not understand it properly. But isn't that kind of a questionable approach? I mean you're increasing the rear gears which means higher RPM's for a given speed. Then you want to put in a 6 speed for fuel economy? I'm not quite getting that idea.

I'm not saying I will get greater fuel economy over a stock configuration. Coorect, the RPM's will be higher... but not when I use the sixth... I mean the 6 speed for better fuel economy after the 3.73's... otherwise, I'd be at about 4000 rpms at 70 mph with the 3.73's... I want to have better off the line and still have a highway suitable car. And, I'm not definately gunna do it... FB said they can, but can't give a price till the 05 is out. It's al alluring option, but if it's 5k, forget it...

calvado said:

Wether you will pay "100% more" depends on where you are. I know SVTDriver said he's finding them for 5k over MSRP, wherever he lives... I'm not surprised... I ordered one two days ago for $125 over invoice, but I have been dealing with the same dealer for over a decade now.. that may have something to do with it.

If and when I get one it would hopefully be a Cobra by then. If the mufflers are still exposed in the rear like an import, I'll be getting rid of those for some after market exhaust that hopefully can hide those mufflers. :(

tfritz said:
If and when I get one it would hopefully be a Cobra by then. If the mufflers are still exposed in the rear like an import, I'll be getting rid of those for some after market exhaust that hopefully can hide those mufflers. :(

I'm sure something will come around sometime. But I believe they put the mufflers out back like that. because of the new fuel tank design. Which might make it awfully hard for the aftermarket.

02BlueGT said:
What mods are you going to do right when you get your 05?

I am excited about this new car now! I have been away (under a rock apparently) and just came accross this site (the 05 mustang part at least) and found lots of great information on the 05. This site rocks!

When I got my 02 GT I started modding it right away. Blower, suspension, exhaust, gears, etc... I am planning on going to the dealer today to see about prices and options! But I really can't wait to start modding it.

So, what do you plan on doing to it? I need some ideas. What does the car have that should be left alone and what needs to be changed?

Thanks!

I share your excitement over the car. I looked at the Nissan 350Z (Rice Haters please dont hate me), the Thunderbird, and the Vette before deciding to buy my first car again (70 Fastback). But back to original question. I am doing Black painted stripes on the hood, roof, and decklid. I am doing Black bullets in 17X9 and 17X10.5. I would like to do some things to get the horsepower to about 350 and it seems like there is going to be plenty of places to get this stuff. Also, louvers for the little side windows will be a must for me when they are available.

I'm going to be loocking to boost the hp on my next stang. Gonna start by changing the exhaust and start loocking for turbochargers ( I don't like blowers ). than wheels of corse, hope 20'' are gonna fit good. Drop de suspension a little, change the hood and lots of other things to make the car look one of a kind. I just got so much on my mind. I have been saving alot for this and can wait to see the results of my efforts