What MPG's are you guys getting with your 2010 GT's?

BADDAZBLUE

Am I really SKIP?
Founding Member
Aug 10, 2001
California
Apologies if this has been asked.

I'm waiting for 2011 to come around to make my decision on whether I want to get into a Stang again, for my DD car. It's true what they say, once you go Mustang, you never back. :D I just miss the fun factor of these cars.

I figure once 2011 models roll out, the 2010 GT's can be had for GREAT deals, especially Used. However, with the new 6'ers getting about the same power, I don't really want a V8 sucking up too much of my $$/Gas (I drive a lot). I REALLY miss the V8 feel of a Mustang, but the Factory's Official Estimate of 23 Highway is way too low for what I'm looking for.

• Sponsors (?)

just get a good tune for it and just romp on it every now and then and just drive at all other times...I get(I have an '08, but MPG is MPG since it is the same engine except the CAI) 20-22mpg city driving and 26-28mpg highway. Before the tune was pretty much what the sticker said 17-24 :p

Thanks for the replies guys. Damn, yeah I was hoping that 24 was a low number and people would get a lot higher on the Highway. For what I'd need the car for, it'd probably be pointless, also I'll have to go Auto since a Manual will be a pain for all that driving. Looks like the 2011 V6's efficiency and almost equal HP will be more realistically down my alley. Grr, I really miss that Mustang V8, not gonna knock the new 6'er 'till I try it though. No doubt it won't be the same though. I'll still be keeping my sights on 2010 GT prices once new models roll around....

Wow. I must drive like a girl.

I get an average of about 22mpg on a tank of mixed city/hwy. If I am cruising Woodward and it's not gridlock...I can get 25 mpg in the city. On strict highway driving, at 70mph for HOURS...with cruise control on, I have seen 31mpg.

I drive a 2007 V8 stick.

10 GT 5spd mixed driving average on first 3000 miles is 18.4 per computer. Tank to tank mostly city has been around 16 and full highway cruise 24-25. Not the best but not bad for a V8.

It's an '07 for me, but I average 22+ commuting, and have seen 27+ on the highway over a tank of gas. The intake & tune seem to give ~1 mpg, the underdrive pullies maybe 1 mpg, and tires up around 34-36 psi maybe a mpg.

Ah. I actually thought for some reason they improved the Gas Mileage on the '10's with the better aero, etc.

On a side note, I'm curious to see how well the '11 V6 can stack up 1/4 wise with an older GT.