What next?

I was getting a hesitation til 3K and then my car would rocket, also when the engine would get above 4k and I took my foot off the pedal it would after fire. It was suggested to look at the roller rockers, I did fine that 4 and 8 rockers (intake and exhaust) where loose. I reset all the rockers. When I started the engine the clacking from the rockers were louder than before and the after fire was still there after revving. I didn't drive it just to be on the safe side. The only thing I can think of is the rockers hitting the cover but when I took the covers off I didn't notice any scarring. I have the finned cobra valve covers, the person before that had the setup had no problems with it. Just looking for other ideas to check out.

• Sponsors (?)

I just remembered that the guy before was running a custom cam and I am running the stock one. If I have the wrong size pushrods could this be the problem. I used the pushrods that he gave me, didn't even think about it. Decided to change all the vacuum lines to silcone ones, just waiting on the parts. After going through the car every part on it is from 88.