What Owning a Mustang is All About

I just saw the light bar installed in a Shelby convertible at the dealer. Inder the plastic roof mechanism covers there is one bollt holding it on either side.

I really wonder if any people have ever been "dissapointed" by it's "performance" in a rollover?

• Sponsors (?)

I just saw the light bar installed in a Shelby convertible at the dealer. Inder the plastic roof mechanism covers there is one bollt holding it on either side.

I really wonder if any people have ever been "dissapointed" by it's "performance" in a rollover?
I've had Autopower rollover bars in four of my race cars (and one "street" model) and never been disappointed. Never "tested" any of them either, thank goodness.

I'll have to meander over to Autopower, about a mile and a half from here, and see what they'll do for me this time. I got good prices when they built the prototypes in my Chevy Vega Kammback and GT coupe.

mgbtjrr3.jpg

VegWgOno.jpg

VegCpRIRS.jpg

Ya there are some good roads in New York..i live in Connecticut, and there are some ok roads heading out to R.I..Nothing compared to the roads going from S.D. to Palm springs..I forget where it was, but it was like a desert and the roads coming down the mountain into the city were amazing..And there was this one stretch that was straight with some little dips that went for like 5 miles...And, oh ya, ive had my run ins with the po po on my cycle on Palomar a few times!!!
#371 goes down the mountain into Palm Desert. A couple of the turnouts are favorite hang-glider launching areas. 243 from Idyllwild to Banning is a good one, too.

Saturday is the Black Mustang Club "Bumblebee III" run, where we hope the Yellow Mustang Club members will unbend long enough to join in and alternate black and yellow cars in a cruise leaving the Irvine Forum at 10:00 am and travelling over the Ortega Highway (maybe was the best ever demo road!) to have a twenty-dollar lunch at
Longshadow Ranch (vineyard)
39847 Calle Contento
Temecula, Ca 92591

Every color Mustang (or what you got ... ) is welcome. Look here:
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42982

Seeing those pics and video reminds me of crusing around Vegas last October in a rental V6 convert... Took it up to Mt. Charleston and drove through Red Rock Canyon. Awesome drives- made me wish I had my GT there.
You're right... that's exactly what owning a Mustang is all about! Nice car, too. I love the int/ext. color combo.

Seeing those pics reminds me of our trip to Wrightwood earlier this month. Not in the Mustangs, but in the Explorer. Might take the stang up there one of these days. Right now it's raining, which means it's snowing up in our local mountains.

Some pics...

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0908.jpg
    DSC_0908.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0913.jpg
    DSC_0913.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0922.jpg
    DSC_0922.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 29
I love going to Wrightwood. In fact, I took my old Mustang GT vert up there all the time to go skiing (when the roads were clear and no weather was forecast, of course).

Reminds me I need to get a reciever hitch on my new one.

0673.jpg

Attachments

• 0673.jpg
    0673.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 29
Yeah, I love the scenery there. Here's a couple pics... The yellow convert. is the rental I had (We were in town for SEMA). There happened to be another red 'Stang driving in front of us!

2950069_8_full.jpg

2950069_9_full.jpg

Great photos! I agree...owning a Mustang is about driving.

I plan on driving Route 66 this summer...leaving the Detroit area, and driving as much of old Route 66 as I can...all the way to Santa Monica, CA. And BACK!

Round trip = 5,000 miles +

I have owned *cough* Honda's *cough* for the past 10 years. Now that I have the RIGHT car, I'm going to take the road trip of a lifetime!:flag:

I plan on taking my sweet DSLR camera gear and taking millions of photos...possibly writing a book to document the trip.

I hope gas isn't $4.00+/gallon.
:eek:

#371 goes down the mountain into Palm Desert. A couple of the turnouts are favorite hang-glider launching areas. 243 from Idyllwild to Banning is a good one, too.

Saturday is the Black Mustang Club "Bumblebee III" run, where we hope the Yellow Mustang Club members will unbend long enough to join in and alternate black and yellow cars in a cruise leaving the Irvine Forum at 10:00 am and travelling over the Ortega Highway (maybe was the best ever demo road!) to have a twenty-dollar lunch at
Longshadow Ranch (vineyard)
39847 Calle Contento
Temecula, Ca 92591

Every color Mustang (or what you got ... ) is welcome. Look here:
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42982
Ya thats the one...God I miss those roads...even the roads heading into Ramona and St. Isabell to Palomar mountain were great..I need to move back to San Diego!!

Sparty-
I live in the Detroit burbs, too, and have actually driven across the country to California a couple of times now (without the 'Stang). It's an awesome experience. Very inspiring! I crosssed old Route 66 several times along the way and wished I had more time to take in the scenery and history surrounding it. I did get some great photos. And nothing beats the satisfaction of parking your car along Ocean Ave. in Santa Monica as the sun is setting over the Pacific! Makes me want to go back.

Ever since I bought the 'Stang I've wanted to make that trip again. I do a lot of video stuff, and would LOVE to bring my camera along, take my time, and make a kind of "visual essay" about driving a Mustang along Route 66.

Sparty-
I live in the Detroit burbs, too, and have actually driven across the country to California a couple of times now (without the 'Stang). It's an awesome experience. Very inspiring! I crosssed old Route 66 several times along the way and wished I had more time to take in the scenery and history surrounding it. I did get some great photos. And nothing beats the satisfaction of parking your car along Ocean Ave. in Santa Monica as the sun is setting over the Pacific! Makes me want to go back.

Ever since I bought the 'Stang I've wanted to make that trip again. I do a lot of video stuff, and would LOVE to bring my camera along, take my time, and make a kind of "visual essay" about driving a Mustang along Route 66.

I've always wanted to see the old road-side attractions...the wigwam motels (I hope to stay in one!)...the abandoned gas stations and drive-ins, etc.

I work in advertising and have access to sweet video cameras...and I thought about grabbing one for my trip. But I think that bringing too much gear will make the trip seem like WORK, instead of a vacation and living experience. I want to see and enjoy the sights and sounds and smells of this trip!

I am debating on going solo, or bringing a friend. I have a buddy with a 2005 Mustang GT and he has expressed an interest in going...so there may be TWO Mustangs going!

:nice: