What Parts Shouldn't I Transfer?

ARZ 5.0

Apr 15, 2014
Conroe , TX
Got my short block ordered and picking it up tomorrow. I was wondering what parts are a must to purchase new and not transfer to my new block. My existing motor has Performer heads, and a nice cam I would like to transfer but I was curious if I should replace any internal parts that may have been an issue for others.

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 88
Are those cast or forged pistons? New or reman rods?
I'm kind of lost. If you are planning on swapping out internals why buy the short block? You could have bought a JY explorer motor for $250, sell the top end for what you paid for the whole motor and then built your own short block with a decent kit from CHP or Woody and machined the block. That way you know what is in the motor- all new parts that you picked.

Are those cast or forged pistons? New or reman rods?
I'm kind of lost. If you are planning on swapping out internals why buy the short block? You could have bought a JY explorer motor for $250, sell the top end for what you paid for the whole motor and then built your own short block with a decent kit from CHP or Woody and machined the block. That way you know what is in the motor- all new parts that you picked.
Its a new LRS shortblock with cast pistons.
Pretty much everything you said was covered in the last thread. Can't speak for OP, but it seems he was in a hurry to get it back on the road

Didn't have the time to do a garage build on a motor so my plan was going to get a nice reliable setup that I can still enjoy. Going to start building my future motor soon but going to plan everything out and not feel rushed since this will be my first full motor build. I may consider doing a bit of CMC racing in the future so didn't want to go overboard with a ton of HP on this current motor.