What people think of the 94-95 5.0's

There was this kid at school who said he knew it all about mustangs, so I showed him my car through the window of the school. I told him it was a '95 5.0 and he didnt beleive me, he insisted I was lying! He would just laugh it off like it was some kinda joke. Some people are so dumb. I wanted to show him under the hood but I didn't have time. :bang: I would have loved to see the look on his face as he reads "5.0 HO" :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

5.0_GT_kid said:
Ya know since I've owned my 94, I've learned that the 94-95 5.0's are not very highly regarded and people think of these cars as jokes.

Just wondering why this is? Also if any of you have stories of people slamming ur SN-95 please post them up. Wanna see if I am the only one that has this problem.

ya ive learned the same thing in a way
A) my ignorent friends with foxes, LT1's etc dont give it any respect because they are pretty ignorent about the 94-95's, they think a couple hundred pounds will take the car and slow it down for good...(ya maybe that's 2 tenths ill be behind you, but a h/c/1 swap will still take you even with the weight rookie...)
B)anyone who talks to me throws out the 4.6 and is hell bent to learn it's a 5.0 and dont believe me unless i lift the hood, they feel so dumb after...sucker
C) the chicks love the newer body style along with people that know nothing about cars, as well as most other people i've come across...
but ya in general, people dont think highly of my car for two reasons, they think they are know it alls, or dont associate it with the 5.0's they think are fast...

droptopford 5 0 said:
ya ive learned the same thing in a way
A) my ignorent friends with foxes, LT1's etc dont give it any respect because they are pretty ignorent about the 94-95's, they think a couple hundred pounds will take the car and slow it down for good...(ya maybe that's 2 tenths ill be behind you, but a h/c/1 swap will still take you even with the weight rookie...)
B)anyone who talks to me throws out the 4.6 and is hell bent to learn it's a 5.0 and dont believe me unless i lift the hood, they feel so dumb after...sucker
C) the chicks love the newer body style along with people that know nothing about cars, as well as most other people i've come across...
but ya in general, people dont think highly of my car for two reasons, they think they are know it alls, or dont associate it with the 5.0's they think are fast...

Try adding the lack of a cobra hood and rear bumper on the 94-95 cobras. That really makes for some interesting conversations. I will be sitting behind my car at shows, just far enough so people don't know it's mine...and there's always one dumbass who says "no hood and no bumper...fobra POS..."

:nonono:

i get only good comments.

one (sort of) ricer guy at work (he has a mazda mp3) is becoming a mustang convert. he loves my car, and he saw a lowered 2001 with 315s and exhaust, and he was like "holy crap, now there's a kick a$$ car". he'll own a stang one day.

Dude, I completely hear ya on that one. I was on some board not too long ago and this v6 camaro guy said he was trying to race this "96 or newer looking rustang" I can't recall if he raced it or what he said the outcome was, but he said the back bumper just said mustang on it so they were trying to put together these crazy theories that this guy had a v6 and put dual exhaust on it or something. That was up until the point I told them that the '94-'95 cobras simply said "mustang" on the back bumper, lol. Then the entire post was deleted because I guess they felt kind of stupid after all that of the hardcore theory planning.