What products can I use to detail my engine?

• Sponsors (?)

Spray it of with a HP hose, (but not directly on the electronics). Then while the engine is still warm spray some armoral on all of it. It will just melt all over and look great, until dirt gets stuck to it.

Cover the alternator, fuse box, MAF, etc., with plastic (grocery or whatever) bags.

Simple green, rinse ... Mist 303 Aerospace Protectant on the entire engine = bling. Don't use armor all on anything. It dries out your dash, rubber, etc.

Cover the alternator, fuse box, MAF, etc., with plastic (grocery or whatever) bags.

Simple green, rinse ... Mist 303 Aerospace Protectant on the entire engine = bling. Don't use armor all on anything. It dries out your dash, rubber, etc.

+1 for the simple green but I mist Vinylex over the entire engine and wipe of excess runs.

Looks clean as is, I wish mine was like that.

I have grime on top of the valve covers like no tomarrow, coolant drooling down the front cover, pollen stuck to everything, ahhh such a horrible mess. I think ill just keep my hood shut as Mustang Week... hahaha.

Bright green arrow ....

dsc04833copyjb8.jpg

Just a FYI. Keep the detergants away from the wiper cowl area! It is known to etch into it and make permanent spots on it. Anyways, your engine looks clean already! Nice ride!

Thanks so much :) i appreciate the picture

No prob ... :)

Whenever I clean my engine bay I do the following: After I spray with simple green, rinse with low pressure water, I then use a leaf blower to dry the engine before I start it. After you start it, it dries itself and then spray whatever you choose for the shine ... while the engine is warm (but off). That's just how I do it FWIW.