What really compliments a supercharger

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by BABstangV6, Dec 26, 2003.

1. 00StangV6Coupe

00StangV6Coupe Founding Member

That's a pretty good price for a full setup. How many psi is your vortech set up for?

Setting up a supercharger can be expensive but it adds up if you want to run a higher amount of boost. Running 6psi you can get away without upgrading a lot of stuff. ATI even says you can stay stock internals running 11psi. I trust them, but I think i'll probably get forged internals and such anyway when (and if) I decide to get it, just to be on the safe side.

2. atlblue2000

atlblue2000 Founding Member

That was the best price I could find on the blower and the rest of the upgrades together.

I've not taken it beyond 4,200 or so since the chip just got installed, but near as I could tell I was seeing ~6psi @ that rpm. Not too bad, imo. The kit is supposed to be pullied for 8.5-9 psi, so we'll see in a couple of days when I get back to the dyno shop.

3. mxracer27

mxracer27 New Member

If you really want a lot of power, you should do what I did. First i upgraded my internals (pistons, long rods) to make it a 4.2L while i'm at it. Then i slapped on the supercharger with the 16psi pulley. I figured twin turbos would compliment the supercharger to so i slapped a few of them on. Then to top it all off i threw on the 300HP nos fogger system. then for the maximum speed boost i put the cold air intake. I can beat cobras all day long.

4. 00StangV6Coupe

00StangV6Coupe Founding Member

:stick:

5. 30AnnivStang

30AnnivStang Founding Member

somebody kill this guy?

ok, i'll do it.:uzi: