What seats from other cars will fit in my 93 Stang?

steve1676

Jul 8, 2003
Hi I want to change the seats in my mustang to something lighter more supportive, and not too expensive for my mustang. I have heard of people getting stock seats out of other cars and swaping them for the Mustang seats. Which seats will work?? I idealy would like to have a rx-7 gen 3 seat or something comprable. ant help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

there is someone with 1st gen eclipse seats in their fox stang. i have a 1st gen eclipse, and the seats are a heckuva lot better than the stockers in my 88 GT vert. i am a big guy, and the eclipse seats are comfy.
i rode in my buddy's 98 GT, and had to sit all crumpled up. but i will look into stang seats more when i have time.
but i mention the eclipse seats just in case. i know there are other seats that are better and would fit, but im sharing what i have seen work.
good luck and enjoy.

what would be nice is to have a website that would list all the interchangeable parts for mustangs, seats for example, as well as if you have 4 bolt rims, what other cars have 4 bolt pattern that will interchange. what cars had the same transmissions etc. kinda like that hollander book, but cant find that info online yet lol
anyone ever see anything like that?

:nonono: I've heard that civic/del sol seats seats work well and they are really light, not that I would put them in my car.

Many different seats will work, but they may need modification.

There was a guy putting Honda Del sol seats in his stang. They looked a little funky cause they didn't go with the interior too well do to there roundness but I have sat in Del sol seat many times and man are they comfotable and hold you well. Though they sit rather low, doesn't matter if your over 6ft tall.
94+ seats go in easily too.

Search the forums a bit and see what info you can find.