What Should I Buy?

davez

Mar 27, 2015
Decided I'm buying a mustang gt.
I see that in 2011 ford went back to the 5.0.
My question is should I not even look at 2005-2010?. The used market there isn't that much difference in price.. please help me decide

• Sponsors (?)

There is nothing wrong with 2005 - 2010... These cars pack serious "fun factor"...
Is this to be a daily driver? Will you be doing track/racing stuff?

Go to American Muscle and watch the Project Grabber Boost vs. Coyote series of videos. You'll see a 4.6 S197 is completely open to all kinds of mods to max out performance... and turn 11's in a quarter mile. It's a fun car and I love my 2005. I'm glad I actually have an older one vs. a newer one.

Prices are very different between used 2005/2010 to 2011's on up. Used 2011 on up are still grabbing serious coin. In my area I'm seeing used 2013/14's asking as much as new 2015's...

You can score with an older one and leave money in the budget for lots of fun mods...

p

Yes it would be a driver not a track car. Seems to me that 100hp is a huge difference and It could get expensive just to catch up to an 11-15? Thank you for your reply it is much appreciated

Yes it would be pretty expensive to match the horsepower of a 2013-15. But 300 HP is a lot! And just think of all the fun of doing the mods yourself.

Besides it would be a lot more expensive trying to catch up to the 2013/15 if there is a Hemi Challenger with blue lights behind you...