what should I expect from these mods??

chrisbudl1

Dec 21, 2003
springfield MO
steeda pullies, MM full length subframes, and a diablodalta chip. I have a local tuner, to install this stuff. We aren't going to dyno it yet, save the 200 -250 for later, when I actually need it. He is a diablo dealer, and has all of their software. I am looking at $555+ s/h. :shrug: sound like a plan? I was going to get a control arm set, and the subframes, but I can't pass up the deal on the chip. I was going to also get a sct exc2, but I wouldn't know what to do with it, other than read codes, but with an autozone everywhere, the chip should be good for now. any feedback is welcomed. thanks, chris

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go for the Xcal2. Why run to Autozone when you can just erase the code at home. Not to mention the datalogging capabilities of the Xcal2. Then you can modify your tune based on future mods from a laptop or with the Xcal2 when they release the software update. All you need is a dyno, laptop, and a Wideband A/F meter. If you need to latter retune the chip, then you have to remove the kick panel and ECU and go thru the pain of taking it out and putting it back in. It's so much easier to just plug into the flash port under the dash.

I was thinking about getting the excal2, but for now, I really don't need that much adjustability. I guess it is a revolutions chip. haven't seen your name for a while! 4.6 modular. and I am getting the chip for 125 , vs 375-400 for the excal2+300 for the software. I can get free reburns, whenever, and trust the guy who works on my stuff. It was inticing to get the excal2 though. but pulleys, a chip, and subframes instaled, for 150 more? and some ss brakelines. just never got those put on. anybody have any realistic gains to expect??????