What should i run? READ PUHLEASE

RiceBurner13

Nov 25, 2003
With my 91 5.0 LX 5spd with e-cam, bassani x-pipe, bbk headers(shorty), flowmaster 2 chambers, underdrive pullys(ford) hurst shifter, and 3:73 gears (with 245 tires) what do you guys think i should run in the qm? Ive heard many people (or so they say) run in the mid-high 13's with basic bolt ons and a 5 spd, and some people tell me that i will only run a low 14. I understand driver has alot to do with it but i consider (and others do to) myself a pretty damn good drag driver, but havent been able to go to a qm track yet. I dont want to wait for mopar at the rock (yes, im aware mopar is for dodge, but i have alot of friends in the viper club and i get invited) and get embarassed by running a 14. Ive told most of my friends im almost positive i can break a mid 13. Id appreciate your thoughts.

Dom

• Sponsors (?)

wrathchild said:
being a good driver and a good drag racer is 2 different things. Have you ever been to any drag strip at all?

True...hey Riceburner I would think you could get mid13's with some DR's...just go out and try and give us the times later...

David

haha im not trying to impress them, im friends with alot of them so i dont have anything to prove, im only 18, their all 30-40-50. But on my street 245 cooper cobras what you think i might run?

To give a good idea, when I 1st started out racing
I ran a 14.4 in the 1/4 mile,
in the same car my brother, ( the former owner) ran a 14.00
in the same car my brothers friend ( a professional race driver) ran a 13.89
its amazing what a lil experience will do to your 1/4 mi times..
-geoffrey
blackbaer5.0

RiceBurner13 said:
haha im not trying to impress them, im friends with alot of them so i dont have anything to prove, im only 18, their all 30-40-50. But on my street 245 cooper cobras what you think i might run?

When my car was BONE STOCK I ran a best of 14.0 @ 97 mph.

I put on exhaust,gears, and a few more bolt-ons and ran low 13s on slicks.

It ran 12.60s last year with Gt-40 intake,b cam, slicks, 3.73s and some chassis+suspension mods.

I think if you can drive and you get decent hook you should be able to bust of a 13.7-13.9. WITH GOOD TRACTION AND GOOD SHIFTS.

A set of dragradials would really help.

Nittos do last alot longer,but the bfg's are a softer compound and have a better bite!Also Ive heard if you go with 255/50/16 bfg's you will have to remove your quad shocks because they will hit!Bottom line,someone once said sticky tires and a good driver,are the best bolt ons!!