What size collector to H-pipe bolts?

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by SuperSync, Jan 12, 2004.

1. SuperSync

SuperSync Founding Member

Anyone know what size/thread the bolts are that connect the stock header collector to stock H-pipe?

I'm gonna be dropping my transmission to change the clutch, and also switch back to my O/R H-pipe soon and I wanted to replace them. It appears that the shop that did the mods the previous owner requested re-used 2 of the stock bolts and hardware store specials for the other two they lost... I want them to match, since I hate switching sockets over and over to match different head sizes, and also ensure I don't strip them when I switch between X & O/R H-pipes for inspection.

Any takers on the question? Is there a part# at Summit or will some hardened bolts from my local Home Depot work?

Thanks, SS
  2. HazMat404

HazMat404 Founding Member

take one out and go to an exhaust shop. they are studs that are threaded on both sides. screws in one side then the hpipe goes over it and the nut goes on the other side. get them from an exhaust shop cause that stuff will hold up against the rust. i did the hardware store route and they rusted hard on me