What size injectors????

DOFOXHC

Jan 27, 2007
Lebanon, OR.
Ok Ive been researching this for awhile now and am getting no where! The latest FRPP book says that 30lbs injectors are good to 510 N/A HP....and when I run the numbers through RC Engineering website it says I need 36's for my set up? I'm guessing I should be in the 400- 425hp range N/A???....HELP PLEASE

The motor is a 342, well ported TF trackheat heads, R intake, cam lift is right at .600, 1.75 long tube headers, 5sp, redline is going to be 7K-ish, and a TF wet No2 kit. Not sure what all info is needed?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

30lb injectors would be my first step. They will definately support the power level you are at and you will not fight any over fueling at low rpm and start up that make cars no fun to drive. My N/A 302 set up made around 365 hp and the 24 lb injectors had plenty of room to grow. 30's on a 425 hp car sounds about right.

Plus, there are 30lb injectors and meters calibrated for those all over the place. In fact, if you add a 30 lb tube, you can buy my brand new C&L meter if you want.

Just my two cents.....
Brandon

30lb injectors would be my first step. They will definately support the power level you are at and you will not fight any over fueling at low rpm and start up that make cars no fun to drive. My N/A 302 set up made around 365 hp and the 24 lb injectors had plenty of room to grow. 30's on a 425 hp car sounds about right.

Plus, there are 30lb injectors and meters calibrated for those all over the place. In fact, if you add a 30 lb tube, you can buy my brand new C&L meter if you want.

Just my two cents.....
Brandon

Thanks for all the great advice Brandon! I have 30's and a m/a for them now.

Use the 30’s sense you have them. When you are tuning, if the injector duty cycle ends up going over 85ish% at high loads and RPMs to maintain your desired air fuel ratio, then you might want to step up.