What size torx head do I need to get my grill emblem out?

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by The Green GT, Jun 30, 2006.

1. I know I took it out before, and I still have the tamper proof torx heads, but it seems the holes have shrunk on the heads. Dont ask. But anyway, what size do I need?

2. I don't think they are the tamper proof heads, but I could be wrong. I think they are a T15. Again, I could be wrong.

3. ya i took mine out a couple days ago..me and my dad think it was a 15

4. I know they are tamper proof. Atleast on mine they are. They have a raised part in the center where you can get a regular one in. But good to know its a 15. Thanks.

5. Plan on drilling them out, cause they are likely going to either A. Twist the torx bit into a helical bit and still not loosen, or B. the head of the bolt will snap off...
    Scott

6. Have you had that problem Scott?

I've taken my pony out like 5 times now .... no problems yet.

7. mine just came out like it was nothing... no problems

8. I used needle nose plyers on mine! and yeah it did have the raised part too.

9. Ive had mine stolen and Ive taken it out many of times. It only screws into plastic so how hard can it be in there?

Mark

10. Ive taken mine outn before and never had a problem. I didnt loose any of the torx bits I have but some fsome reason they dont fit now. :shrug:

11. :lol:

Just occured to me you guys meant the grill emblem, not the upper intake plaque....sorry, off my rocker.
    Scott

12. Oh, I see. So you were confused because you use the plaque on the upper intake as a grill (as in a "gridiron"). The perfect steak is cooked medium, and has a big "5.0 V8" embossed on it. :D

13. It's a torx t20 just removed mine yesterday to put on a billet grille