What springs?

sullygtstang

Dec 1, 2004
georgia
I have noticed that my car does not handle the way it should and the appearance does not look as good with the huge fender gap. I was looking at eibach springs but i heard they werent very good and they dont lower the car enough. I was wondering what other options there was and which ones work the best with experience. Anything will help. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

:D
sullygtstang said:
I have noticed that my car does not handle the way it should and the appearance does not look as good with the huge fender gap. I was looking at eibach springs but i heard they werent very good and they dont lower the car enough. I was wondering what other options there was and which ones work the best with experience. Anything will help. Thanks

Uhh, Eibach is one of the few company’s that MAKE springs,, most of the rest you see out there are made by just a few other companies ,,,like Eibach. As for the quality.. There is no better spring.. different yes.... but nothing of better quality.

I have used them on several vehicles, as well as more bikes then I can count. A set of the Pro Line springs will grace my GT soon :D And some 18's, and a adjustable panhard bar, and a Bump steer correction kit and a . . . . . . . . . . .

I just ordered a set of Intrax Lowering springs for my 05 mustang. They drop the car 2.0" front and rear. Do you guys think i made the right choice. I am starting to have regrets. I know i didnt want the Eibach springs because i have heard many negative results out of them. Intrax does only suspension and they sounded good and i bought the springs on impulse. And i am looking at 20" rims...do you think they will fit with the 2" drop?

sullygtstang said:
I just ordered a set of Intrax Lowering springs for my 05 mustang. They drop the car 2.0" front and rear. Do you guys think i made the right choice. I am starting to have regrets. I know i didnt want the Eibach springs because i have heard many negative results out of them. Intrax does only suspension and they sounded good and i bought the springs on impulse. And i am looking at 20" rims...do you think they will fit with the 2" drop?
Is it 2 " at both ends??? Are you adding a adjustable panhard bar to correct the rear axle position after lowering the vehicle 2" Have you considered the bump steer your likely to find after lowering? Are you going to live with it? Or address it?

Those are all things to consider when lowering (or raising) a car (truck)

Having never used Intrax products, I have no comment on them.

What are these "many negative results " your referring to with the Eibach springs? On what vehicle> which spring > did the owner (or tech) address the other issues that are cause and effect when lowering? If so how?

I personally do not like the look of 20’s on a Mustang,, but many do,, It’s all preference.

I’m going with something basic and simple.. 18x9with 255x45x18 tires, for an effective overall height of .2” shorter then the stock set up. That’s so close to stock, I should not even see a speedo difference.

What tires are you looking to run on the 20’s?

I have never lowered a car before, i just thought it was necessary for the 05. Yes it is 2" in both the front and the rear. What else will i need if i am eventually going to put 20" axis orden wheels on them. I am going to want wide tires but im not sure yet. Should i order a panhard bar and a bumpsteer kit from steeda before i put the springs on? Do i also need a swaybar? Im new to suspension stuff so all this helps

I just ordered my Eibach Springs from Lightning Force Performance, their having a blowout special right now. I think the alignment might need adjusting but I'll wait and see. Yeah, I'm looking for a swaybar too, who makes them?