What Suspension mods?

MUSTANGJOE

Silver Stanger
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Hey guys..

Im lowering my car 2" on all 4. I dont have stock suspension but the ones i have need to be changed cause they are leaking. What kind of shocks or struts should I get..whats popular out there? I dont really know anything when it comes to suspension. I would like to get cc plates as well and other suspension mods I could do. tell me what to buy! Thanks guys :D

p.s...I dont drag with the car I just cruise and race sometimes.

• Sponsors (?)

I second the subframes and panhard bar. Watch out what kind of LCA's you get( MM has a good set, their bushings wont tear your torque boxes up). As for shocks, I have set of tokico 5 way adj shocks that costed around 350 and they are awesome for gettin into the corners hard

If you are going to get a panhard bar and torqure arm( from MM) go to www.maierracing.com and buy their subfrmes. You will not believe the difference subframes have on your car until you get them.. It will feel as you are driving a new mustang.

Your also gonna need an axel bumpstop and off-set steering rack bushings. Call MM and talk to them about the off-set steering rack bushings. Someone told me there not good to run on your car.....then said talk to MM they'll tell why.
But I run them on my car and there fine.

If you dont run an axel bumpstop you will keep bottoming out your rear. It screws on above the pumpkin, its shorter than stock to compensate for the lowering.

This is easy, best and most inexpensive way to hook up good would be what I have

Maximum Motorsports Full Length SubFrame Connectors (Not real expensive, and are probably the best ones for 5.0's)

Maximum Motorsports Non Adjustable Lower Control Arms
OR
Megabyte Jr. Lower Control Arms
Both are very good...Panhard Bar isn't neccessary.

As for struts/shocks, KYB isn't that good, Tokiko is best in it's price range, top of the line of course would be either bilstein or koni yellow's, Maximum Motorsports sells all 3 brands.

www.maximummotorsports.com :flag: