What suspension to put on 2003 GT??

hognutz said:
I am going to go with bilstien shocks(from bimmerparts) and struts, H&R sprinks, cc plates and subframe connectors to start with. Unless you plan on autocrossing I think I would do the suspention in stages. that way you don't spend money on things you don't need. If I feel I need more after that I will add it. I have a feeling that will be enough for me.

I know I hate the stock setup but I have no illusions that I am going to be on the track. my car is my daily driver.

rules of thumb so to speek. everyone seems to think koni's are the best they just happen to be the most expensive. I have never heard anything bad about bilstien eccept the price. MOST other shocks and struts you will hear someone have a complaint about now and then. Deciede how much lower you want your car or if you car because some springs have diffenent drops. search the forum for some pics. that is why I chose h&r.

anytime you ask a question like this it help to put down some kind of budget because you can spend $400-$4000 on suspention mods

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/index.asp

here is another site to browse.
I totaly agree Hog I love the drop
H&R's give on a stang it looks and performs perfect in my opnion :nice:
If I were in the market to do suspension upgrades I would get the
H&R Super Sports(best drop),Bilstien struts and shocks(great quality for the dough),Steeda Caster Chamber Plates(they do a perfect job for alignment and
quality),Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors(good quality and get great results with them) :nice: I have to agree that you can't go wrong with
H&R's or Eibach's they are super quality and give great handling!

• Sponsors (?)

Mr Plow said:
I currently have the tokico package - shocks, struts, adn springs - i dont like there springs becasue my driver side sits a 1/2 lower than the passenger side. I also have the steeda front sway bar. Seems to do its job. I will be swapping my sway bar and springs for a complete hotchkis kit. I may even swap out my shocks and struts - depends..

LOL... my car goes lower on the driver side also, but it's stock. I believe more than half the mustangs out the factory do this. Why Ford? :shrug:

Mr Plow said:
Did you install this kit yourself? Looks like an easy kit to install..Also, does the kit come with the company's own specs for an alignment afterwards?

Yes, I put it on myself with the help of a couple of my friends. It took us about 8 hours or so to put on. Yes, the kit does also come with Hotchkis' specs on alignment. The rear anti-sway bar connects at the upper quad shock mount and the quad shocks go away altogether. Overall handling with this set up is incomparable to stock. Right now, rubber is the limiting factor but not for too much longer.