What T-stat

89oem

Mustang Master
Dec 18, 2013
so I went out for a topdown cruise in the 80 degree sunshine yesterday (after sub freezing last week... crazy weather)

anyway i noticed my temp never moved off base and all gauges appear right...

changed antifreeze/h20 in fall and no issues etc im pretty sure its my 20 yr old stat...

im thinking 180

What Brand does everyone recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

so I went out for a topdown cruise in the 80 degree sunshine yesterday (after sub freezing last week... crazy weather)

anyway i noticed my temp never moved off base and all gauges appear right...

changed antifreeze/h20 in fall and no issues etc im pretty sure its my 20 yr old stat...

im thinking 180

What Brand does everyone recommend?

I use a fail safe, if it quits on you it will be in the stuck open position. Cause if it's the other way, well then you've just mounted a pile :puke:on top of the situation :nonono:

I run a Mr. Gasket high flow 180 thermostat. The extra gap helps more than you would think. Just avoid a Stant, which is what every parts store sells. The Stant "fail open" always fail closed. If you want a standard flow thermostat, do yourself a favor and just buy it from the dealer.

Kurt

Thanks everyone! ill get a mr gasket stat and a sticky gasket... i think im gonna try and swap my 93 cobra sensor in too just to see since the intake is sitting there waiting on all my hci parts purchase and ya know if i think its the stat itll be the sensor vice versa....

i do have a high volume mechanical water pump and hd copper (2 row iirc) rad...