What the Crap? (Lt headers)

JoshGT87

Jun 11, 2003
Arkansas
Okay, here we go. Bought some Mac Longtube headers, for my AOD 87 Mustang, from Jet Hot. They looked awsome, bitch to put in, but once they were in it was on, I was so excited. Then I got to putting in the O2 sensors and noticed the bungs were on the outside :shrug: , Oh well, theyll still work, went to bolt up my Dr Gas X pipe and the right side header flange had not been tapped out :shrug: , Oh well keep truckin itll all be worth it in the end. Would not fit at all, left side had to make a crazy s bend to get around the cross member. So I took it to a muffler shop to have them put it up. Guy called and said it wouldnt fit, I said make it work I have to have a car. Three days later I go to pick it up and he tells me he had to use 2 1/4 inch pipe on the left side from the header collector to the X , the rest is 2 1/2 though. :jaw: "your joking right?" He said the X will equalize the difference. :bs: Car sounds like crap, and the one day old Mac copper gaskets were leaking there ace off. So I got some plain old manifold gaskets from the parts store, put em in the next day and no leaks. But a crazy exhaust wistle. Whats that? On the way to work the next morning, both gaskets started leaking. Thats when I got on here and looked up header gaskets, Fel Pro 1415. Thatll fix it. Put em on, no leaks and return of the exhaust wistle. Any one want to explain that one? Once again Im stuck with leaking gaskest but no wistle :nice: What is the deal with these crappy headers? And the whistle? Is it because of the smaller pipe on one side? Any how Im open for ANY, and I mean ANY suggestions, thanks for taking time to listen to me whine.

Josh

oh yeah, in my signiture it says prochamber and pro dumps, thats cuz they should be here this week, bought that to fix the 2 1/4 inch crap, and cuz now im boycotting Dr Gas :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)