what tire size for 10 holes with 3:73's?

LXstang5.0

Dec 23, 2006
Ohio
hey everyone! just wondering what tire size to run on my stock 10 holes with 3:73 gears. i was planning on 255 or 265/60/15. but i was just checking to see what sidewall will be best cuz i dont want it to be to short with the gears and rev to high at high rpm's. i also want that mean stance too :nice: . pics would be great if possible.... thanks...

• Sponsors (?)

I usually ran a 265/50 because they were cheap and readily available, but the sidewall was a tad on the shorter side (and i'm on 4.10s). 265/60 would've been better but i couldn't find anyone who made them except BFG and for the price they wanted i would've just bought ET's or drag radials instead.

If you're just planning on running them out back, a 265/50 is the absolute wides I'd go on a set of ten holes. You'll probably need to flip your quad shocks to use them and even then you might get some rubbing. I've got a set of 255/60/15 drag radials on a set of 15x7 V6 Mustang wheels and the bulge quite a bit. Don't bother going any wider than the stock 225's out front unless you're going to shorten the side walls some (IE, with a larger wheel). All big tires, with a tall side wall do on a narrow rim when they're in the front end is make it dart back and forth on the road. Your handling won't improve any and may actually get worse with so much side wall flex.

On 10 holes, 265/50s fit perfectly and don't rub anything, even with the quads in their stock orientation. I never ran 265/60s though so i can't vouch for those. The stock back spacing of the 10 holes lets you get away with a pretty fat tire. I've seen guys run 275/60s with no quads and hardly any rubbing.

Here's an old shot of my setup back in the day.....they don't really even bulge out that much...just enough to make it look good.

626821_42_full.jpg