what tires for stock rims??

poonstang16

Apr 18, 2006
Anyone still got stock rims??? I want to go with the nitto 555 extremes but the closest they come to 27 inches are with the 255/50-17s. will this wide of a tire work on the stock 7.5¨rims??? anyone got any photos?

• Sponsors (?)

kool is correct with the rim widths. a 255 will fit on the stock 17: rims nicely. its the widest recommended tire for an 8" rim, although many have put 275s on 8: without a problem. the problem S197s have with a 17" 275 is that they are all too short for us to use. nobody seems to make a tire in 275 thats the proper height for us.

kool is correct with the rim widths. a 255 will fit on the stock 17: rims nicely. its the widest recommended tire for an 8" rim, although many have put 275s on 8: without a problem. the problem S197s have with a 17" 275 is that they are all too short for us to use. nobody seems to make a tire in 275 thats the proper height for us.

I went with 255/50's for track days and as bigcat said, it is the minimum recommended rim width. It does give a little of the "old school" look as the tires do bulge out from the rim a little bit.

The Kuhmo Ecsta SPT was recommended on corner-carvers.com and the increase in grip from the stock Pirelli P-Zero Nero's is amazing. I was able to nurse the stock brake pads around Texas World Speedway with the Pirellis but got into serious brake fade on a cold, wet morning with the Kuhmos.

-Wayne