What to Buy?

Silvr04GT

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
San Jose, CA
Well with winter coming up I'm planning out my winter spending on the car. I've got a few different ideas on things to do. I'm definitely going to being getting a set of Blistein shocks and struts, I think the stock ones with the H&R springs probably isn't doing me any favours and I would assume they will being wearing out some what soon.

My other thoughts were either continue with the suspension upgrades including:
-FRPP UCAs
-MM LCAs
-MM SFCs

Or some looks upgrades:
-2000 Cobra R Hood
-some kind of different spoiler
-plus maybe LCAs or SFCs

What do you guys think would be a better use of spending? Or do you have any other suggestions on potential upgrades? Keeping in mind my end goal is to have a KB sitting under the hood.

• Sponsors (?)

well look at it this way...ur on borowed time with ur springs...so why dont u do ur suspension first...cuz if u do the looks...and the shocks and struts give out...ur gunna have to replace them anyway...and then ud be spending a crapload of money you didnt plan on spending all at that time

I would go ahead and install the LCA's with the shocks/springs. I have the MM non-adjustables and cannot recommend them enough. Some people say they can't tell a difference, but I felt a huge difference (installed when I hit about 67,000 miles). My '99 GT tracks straighter and seems to respond quicker, even leaving from a standstill. Rear end feels much more stable. Have not heard any squeaking, etc. Just use a lot of the grease that comes with the set.