What to clean IAC valve with?

• Sponsors (?)

RYANS281 said:
IAC valve? Sorry guys I'm new here... :D

Attaches to the front of the intake plenum, and commonly screws up the idle once it getts suited up. It has an air hose from the intake to it.
Intake Air Controller (I believe).
Little $60 part.
attachment.php

:nice:

68 & 00 GT said:
Attaches to the front of the intake plenum, and commonly screws up the idle once it getts suited up. It has an air hose from the intake to it.
Intake Air Controller (I believe).
Little $60 part.

:nice:

Thanks! Mine use to make a high pitched leaking sound :( Its gone now though...maybe I should replace it.

at the dealer i work at, we use brake cleaner, like we will spray a bunch in there and let it pool, wipe it out, and spray it and clean everything off, we only do this if we have to order the IAC and the person is being annoying and wants to leave

I wonder if a IAC valve is plugged...could it cause starting problems? At least one time per day I go to start my saleen, the motor turns, almost fires then dies, then I go to start it again an it will turn over a few times then fire up. Other times it starts with no problems. For awhile there was a high pitched leaking/whistle sound coming from my IAC valve.....then it just went away :( I wonder if mine could be plugged?

RYANS281 said:
I wonder if a IAC valve is plugged...could it cause starting problems? At least one time per day I go to start my saleen, the motor turns, almost fires then dies, then I go to start it again an it will turn over a few times then fire up. Other times it starts with no problems. For awhile there was a high pitched leaking/whistle sound coming from my IAC valve.....then it just went away :( I wonder if mine could be plugged?

its a very good chance your IAC kicked the bucket on you, yes it could cause starting problems, so that would be my first guess, replace yer iac, i don't think they are too expensive, call up yer dealer and ask for a quote