what to do...295/45s or 285/40s on the new fr500's

AquaTeen2004

Nov 12, 2005
Georgia
just ordered some black fr500s just like Darkfire has. cant decide what i should get for my rear tires. i will have steeda sport springs installed soon after the rims are on and i cant wait! what tire would yo go with?

• Sponsors (?)

For me, it came down to the tread pattern. I chose 285/40/18's because I wanted the BFG KDW NT's. If they made it in a 295/40 or 45/18, I would have chosen it to eat up more the space in the fenders.

The one thing I really hate about our cars though is the size of the fender opening in the front. Once you lower the car on 18's, the fender looks like it is swallowing the damn tire and wheel combo.

I have 255/45/18s up front by the way.
285/40/18's in the rear.

For me, it came down to the tread pattern. I chose 285/40/18's because I wanted the BFG KDW NT's. If they made it in a 295/40 or 45/18, I would have chosen it to eat up more the space in the fenders.

The one thing I really hate about our cars though is the size of the fender opening in the front. Once you lower the car on 18's, the fender looks like it is swallowing the damn tire and wheel combo.

I have 255/45/18s up front by the way.
285/40/18's in the rear.

I have the same tires up front as you and it doesn't look like it is being swallowed. It may be the offset. Mine just barely tuck into the front fenders and it looks fantastic.

Well I got the wheels in and there SWEET!!! ordered the tires from discount tire yesterday. got the 295/45 nittos in the rear and 255/45s in the front. :D

ps. put a silver horse racing rear honeycomb panel on yesterday. think it go well with the black rims. :nice: