what to do......help

cb18201 said:
actually im 18, and i bought the car myself, im on his insurance so thats why he thinks he can tell me what to do. im guessing your older or a parent yourself cause you dont seem to understand. dont bother replying , what you say doesnt help, at least the other guys in here understand because they are real mustang enthusiasts and/or have been throguh it before, but thanks for your insight

You are 18 and it shows. With your attitude, no wonder your dad won't let you change it. Calm down and be nice about it. Attitude won't get you very far in life. I'm 26... yeah I'm a parent, but she's 4. :rolleyes:

Explain to your dad that you can always put the stock setup back on it and that you are going to save it just incase he's right and you are wrong. You already have he piece and installing it for a few hundred miles probably won't hurt the arse reaping you'll get out of selling it anyway.

My dad wouldn't let me mod my rides either growing up... and still frowns on it. I haven't lived at home since 95. When I told him I had nitrous on the car... he started the whole "blow your engine" crap. I replied, I've had it on the car for 10 months and have gone through 20 bottles already.... :D

• Sponsors (?)

i can't believe what i'm hearing. you should go switch the insurance to your name, it'll be more but it's worth it. you're 18, it's your car, take responsibility for it and put it under your name. then if he trys to tell you that you can't put it on, he has no reason not to let you.

if it were me, i'd put it on anyways and hope he doesn't notice.