What to do w/ empty fog light holes???

• Sponsors (?)

On my old GT, I removed the foglights and brackets and used some GTS foglight blackouts I already had. I just drilled some small holes (2 per side) in the tops of the blackouts and in the foglight openings in the bumper cover at about "10 o'clock and 2 o'clock" (so that if I ever took them out, the drilled holes wouldn't be visible) and used screws to attach them.
At most angles and in most lighting, it just looked like there were foglights with blackouts.... but at some angles and lighting, you could just barely see through them. It was kind of cool.... and got rid of the "empty holes" look.
The GTS fog covers are only like $25.

I just took my fogs and brace too, I cannot understand why they used such a heavy bracket for those little lights....I want to use some kind of screen and do the same to the centre section of mine front grille. You can hide the mounts pretty easy it looks like to me.

85GTlover said:
I just took my fogs and brace too, I cannot understand why they used such a heavy bracket for those little lights....I want to use some kind of screen and do the same to the centre section of mine front grille. You can hide the mounts pretty easy it looks like to me.
If you've ever payed close attention, the bottom of the GT bumper cover attaches to the middle fog bracket to aid in support and shape. They did it because yeah, there's nothing else down there to attach to.

87'GTstang said:
If you've ever payed close attention, the bottom of the GT bumper cover attaches to the middle fog bracket to aid in support and shape. They did it because yeah, there's nothing else down there to attach to.

As a matter of fact,for your information, I did, it supported the bottom bumper skirt.....what I also noticed was it did not support the rad in any way. I too think that it is not going to save my life in a head on collision. I planned on addressing the flexible bottom skirt issue for your information. It is poorly designed...that is my point....but thank you for attempting to warn me of this situation.

85GTlover said:
As a matter of fact,for your information, I did, it supported the bottom bumper skirt.....what I also noticed was it did not support the rad in any way. I too think that it is not going to save my life in a head on collision. I planned on addressing the flexible bottom skirt issue for your information. It is poorly designed...that is my point....but thank you for attempting to warn me of this situation.
I personally would have fabricated it out of maybe tubular steel. I agree though, it's a lot of mass for a bracket up light-duty use. No, it doesn't support the radiator at all either like you said - that's all tak care of by the radiator core support mounted to each side.

I'de personally make the use of brake ducts to cool off those disks. Those things get so hot sometime that if you have ever seen them after hard abuse on a dark night, you'll notice some type of red glow behind those rims :notnice: