What to do, what to do?

lp9820

Jul 23, 2007
I have a 1986 GT hatch back that i'm not to sure what to do with, I have absolutely no plans of ever selling, the only person who I would give any thought of selling it to is the original owner since he didn't want to sell it either. Since mine is a four eye I keep hearing from the guys at The Mustang Source to keep it original but since I'm a teenager going to college at an automotive school I have a drive to load it down with performance parts but what I'm hoping for is to turn it into daily driver and a weekend amateur show car. I'm going to be getting the car ready for paint once i get some minor body work done but I'm not sure if I should go with the original oxford white or a ceramic white?

• Sponsors (?)

I am partial to oxford white myself. personally I would just do a good resto keep it looking original with mebbe a set of DD bullit wheels.

unfortunately, these pics are pretty old but i haven't done too much to it since
IM0015811.jpg
IM001577.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

NICE VETTE!
is that an 82 lower valence that you have screwed on?
ditch the tails. cheese graters didnt even look good on the aero cars. I would go with a set of OE tails or LX tails from an 87-93 car.

looks good thoug. I would definitely just freshen it up.

Thanks, thats my dad's 1980 vette, its really a 20 ft car though with bubbles and chips in the paint since it was repainted but without the proper sealant. i have the original spoiler and tail lights, the tail lights are definitely going back on and the chin spoiler is an after market piece that was put on when the original owner ran it in to the cement pipes you see under drive ways for rain water routing and tore the original bumper cover, replacing the original is what i plan on doing next along with replacing the headlight bezel and the side molding before getting the car ready for paint

now the map pocket on my drivers side door is getting pretty bad and i need to replace it but wasn't sure where to get one since the only ones that cj pony parts list are for 1990-93 although i'm not sure whats different also was it normal for there to only be a map pocket for the driver side and not the passenger?

Id say put on a 87-93 front end since your going to school for auto related stuff. But otherwise even just puting a new 86 bumper,stock taillights and hatch would benice with a clean stock color paint job and correct decals. As for the interior try and hook up with a upholestry shop...a good upholestry shop can work wonders on stuff you cant get repro