what to do wif my notch?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
well me and my dad have had this thing since 2006 got it with I think 19K miles on it, one owner 900 year old woman had it. It has been sitting and currently has around 70K on it, perfect shape.. now it needs a v8, not that the 4 banger dosent run, but it NEEDS a v8!

herez some pics.

notchandvert004.jpg
[/IMG]

notchandvert002.jpg
[/IMG]

no windsor motors, unless 35uno, I leaning towards a 4v 4.6 myself, or maybe a ls swap?

• Sponsors (?)

lq4 truck longblock and a 150 shot... Theres a guy with a hatch that has a stock 6.0 longblock that has gone 9.87 i believe.

Why are you against a 351 windsor? The 4v 4.6 isnt gonna be much fun without boost

coyote swap, sounds nice, dont know yet.

ls swap, 9's are easy, but coyote, would be a nice nitrous kit and a tune and im there.

351's are nice, but I dont want a huge hood and trying to go with an aluminum block, hence the teksid 4.6, and I love the sullivan intake setup.

I hate 302's right now, but always a valid option, has to have das turbo though

Wish my 4 banger swap car was that clean when I got it.

I second the LS swap. sbf's are a waste of time unless you spend lots of mula, A coyote drivetrain is stupid expensive, and a 4v 4.6 isn't worth a damn unless it's forged with bewst.

Dart block 347 @ 15 psi. Still cheaper than the 4.6 and it's not a chevy motor.:shrug: Iwoulda said 408w but you don't want a tall motor....

God, I'd love to see you do a Coyote swap, but your only option for that right now is really just buying a crate engine. Not a lot of wrecked 2011 GTs in the junk yards yet.

How about a 4.6 with some bolt ons and ported heads? Not sure what your budget is, but those mod motors will rev to the moon if you can get the air into the cylinders. Plus, now that the Coyote is out, 3 and 4 valve 4.6s can be had dirt, dirt cheap.

Wish my 4 banger swap car was that clean when I got it.

I second the LS swap. sbf's are a waste of time unless you spend lots of mula, A coyote drivetrain is stupid expensive, and a 4v 4.6 isn't worth a damn unless it's forged with bewst.

I wouldn't say SBFs are a waste of time, there are a few guys on another forum I frequent with 302s and 306s making 350ish rwhp or better, NA on pump gas. One dude DDs his, and gets low 20s MPG.

You just have to think outside the box. You have to do your homework and be willing to venture beyond the Explorer head swap and B cam stuff. :shrug:

I dunno lately i have been itching to do a mod engine swap on my car.. Not so much for the power or that stuff, but i really like the sound, and even though they are kinda becoming more common, they are still pretty rare.

Mach swap that biotch and throw an IRS in the rear and big brakes all around. Make it the ultimate Fox-Rod. OF course this would bring respect amongst the older crowd. It certainly would not run 9's, but would be one pleasantly rewarding street car and would look mean as heck lowered.

Keep the AC and Heat working in it, don't rattle can the engine compartment black and add a nice sound system to the car.

0609101711a.jpg

Borrowed from

WTT modular 4v Foxbody for Mach - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum