what to do wif my notch?

• Sponsors (?)

Theres a yellow TT v6 sn95 at my track. Puts the car up on the back bumper every once in a while

on a side note, id rather eat glass than build a v6

although this is a 4.2

YouTube - Roadhawg2's Channel

StangFMIC2.jpg

Why couldnt you put a 351 under a stock hood? Been done plenty of times. Turbo 351w 6-700 on pump all day long. Less than a $10k build if researched correctly...maybe a little more since you are starting with a 4banger tho

If I were to go with a 351 (which im leaning too) I want a vic. jr with an elbow on it, and that can tend to get tall, like my 2v 4.6 lol. I wont buy anything for a couple months to see if I can get a coyote motor from a yard.

Ive never really "built" a 351, but how strong are the rods and pistons?

The 2v modular engine is worthless the way it sits. Needs a built shortblock and a supercharger which puts the money over the 10k price range.
I see all these 4.6 2v cars at my buddies shop and can't help think that the owners are nuts spending 15 grand on a car worth 8k.

The coyote is nice as sits, but requires some custom work. Did anyone ever make off the shelf headers for it yet?
Also to get big numbers, you need a power adder, add 6 grand to the cost for that.

When i did mine, there was only one real choice, and i still feel it's that way.
03/04 cobra engine, i didn't even consider any other modular engine.

And tokyo, if you think you can build a 600-700rwhp turbo 351 for 10 grand, you may want to re-check those numbers.
You will be in over 5 grand just for the long block.
2 grand in the fuel system
And god only knows what the turbo setup is going to cost by the time it's done.
Then you still have ignition, intake, exhaust, and a transmission to buy.
On top of that you need to convert the car to an 8 cyl setup.
I bet by the time it's over that number is more like 20 grand.

^^^THIS!

I've got over ten years into building mine and around that invested.

IF you want cheap, it's a ticking time bomb.

If you want it to last ten years, drive like a stock car and still run low 11's or greater on the street, you'll be spending some serious coin. Anyone who tells you otherwise, doesn't understand what Fox-Rod means.

Sure you could build a carb'd 408 with a 300 shot progressive set up, but you'll be lucky to get 40% back out of it, if you ever had to sell it or simply got tired of it rattling you to death.

Or you could go buy a Hayabusa and run 9's stock for 6500.

The 2v modular engine is worthless the way it sits. Needs a built shortblock and a supercharger which puts the money over the 10k price range.
I see all these 4.6 2v cars at my buddies shop and can't help think that the owners are nuts spending 15 grand on a car worth 8k.

The coyote is nice as sits, but requires some custom work. Did anyone ever make off the shelf headers for it yet?
Also to get big numbers, you need a power adder, add 6 grand to the cost for that.

When i did mine, there was only one real choice, and i still feel it's that way.

And tokyo, if you think you can build a 600-700rwhp turbo 351 for 10 grand, you may want to re-check those numbers.

you can get a 2v into the 11's really cheap, only say that because ive done it. and as for reliability it still runs every day, wont let me down.

I think 03-04 motors are over rated, I mean they at least could have put a aluminum block in the thing.

nothing custom is needed other than the little **** here and there like every other build, 412 n/a stock, or 390 s/c stock, I think ill take the coyote, especially they are making well over 500whp n/a with reground cams, 302 intake and a valve job. it takes ported blower, and all kinds of bolt-ons to do that on a termi. I know the whole terminator discussion can go all day long.

how much did you have to pay for the cobra engine?

how much did you have to pay for the cobra engine?

It's hard to say, since there was some extra parts with it and there was parts missing.
I'd guess the vicinity of $6000.

Rusty, i think you need a reality check on modular swaps and modular engines.

The 2v engine is only reliable up to about 400rwhp. To get to that number you need an expensive supercharger, and when the supercharger destroys the engine, now you need a more expensive shortblock.

The coyote, as good as it is, isn't seeing 500rwhp very easily or cheaply.
Did you actually see what just the cams cost? Have you had a modular engine apart and know what it costs to put it back together? Things like head bolts are $200 alone, that's without gaskets.
Headwork? Forget it, you could buy a pushrod set of aluminum heads for what just the labor is to work on a modular head.
Literally, it's thousands of dollars

Did you actually look at the stangnet project car parts list?
There's like 15 grand worth of stuff in the just the drivetrain portion.

As for as the terminator engine being overrated.
If by overrated you mean you need a $100 pulley and $250 mass air meter to make 480rwhp without any other mods on a shortblock that is reliable up to 600rwhp without cracking the seal on the valve cover, ya then i guess it's over rated.