what to do with oil fill side hole

SVT3183

Mar 30, 2005
S Jersey
so i've search all over and somehow haven't found an exact answer to this. i have stock valve covers on my cobra. when i put the sc on with an anderson power pipe the line off of the filler tube had nowhere to go so i basically have a tube coming of there still going nowhere. i'm not changing the valve covers but i want to make this less ghetto. is it as simple as getting a screw in breather like this http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FMS-M-6766-N303&N=700+115 for the fill hole and plugging the side hole? if so, does that breather fit the fill hole and how do you go about plugging the side hole?

• Sponsors (?)

What SC did you put on (ie: was it a complete kit?)? There should be a new tube to route that line ahead of the blower, so you're not pressurizing the crankcase.

The vortech kits come with one and assuming you are using the vortech intake piping, it works. When you get the Anderson Powerpipe there is no provision in it for the tube, youd have to tap your own. Rather than doing so I just capped it.

i have a kenne bell. i'm gonna cap it off but have a breather on the fill tube. isn't this basically the same thing as far as the pressure is concerned or are you implying that the pressure should be pulled out into the intake route somewhere instead of simply venting? i thought the line just went into the intake for emissions reasons