What to do??

KrazZ27

Feb 16, 2008
I have a 94 gt that i want to set up for road racing. Not competitive but for weekend fun, I spoke to a local shop "mustang specialties" in regards to what motor size i should run. They suggested i keep my old block and take it out 30 over in order to guarantee the longevity of the motor, throw a holly intake manifold on it, leave the 19lb injectors, add a fuel regulator, longer push rods, a 255 fuel pump, and a set of afr 165 heads. All of which would cost 5500 assembled and dyno tested. They also said i would be putting around 320-330 hp at the wheels. I guess my question is do you think this combo would bring this power?? Is it worth the money??

• Sponsors (?)

Any suggestions on what combo? Or company to check out? I do want the motor to be able take a beating but still be able to be consistently powerful. My budget is 8k. Thanks for the prompt responses...

Buying a crate motor is flushing money down the toilet. Ronnie Wilson over there at Mustang Specialties knows what he's doing. He built my last 347 that went 85,000 miles, and 10 years with 600hp on a stock block. $5500 is good price for what you are getting.

Kurt

Man, 8k....for a fun weekend warrior. That's a nice chunck of change.
It it were me......I'd do a nice brake and suspension upgrade. Given you''re shooting for a weekend warrior, I wouldn't go for the newest and shiniest stuff out there, but wouldn't get the bottom of the barrel either. Well, brakes might be on the upper end...going fast is cool but sometime you may want to stop faster.....

If this is your daily driver, I'd get a dedicated set of wheels and tires...and if this is your DD, I'd get a beater...eff it up on the weekend, still able to get to work on Monday...know whatI mean? Also, a seat, or two ...keep you planted.

Engine stuff, if what you got is in good shape...I'd do the simple HCI...set up for RR. Cam for the RPM range, springs matched etc. I'd also think about a fortifying the cooling system, and I think there are oil pans made for road racing...help with the sloshing and increase capacity...might be on my to-do list...

And then there is installtion chargesif you don't want to do it yourself....think that'll eat a budget quick. Anyway...that is the route I'd go....might be able to do it for 8k....

HaveFun doing it!

Wow guys didn't mean to start a debate first off. I didn't get that quote from Ronnie it was "Tim" I believe. I must say though I have been taking my cars there since i was 16 and have the utmost trust in their work and reliability. Anyways this car is not my daily driver it has set for 2 years waiting for me to save the money to fix it. I finally have the money together and just want to make sure that i get the best bang for my buck. I would love to have as much reliable power as possible being that it will be on the road more so then the track. I just need good advice and don't want to start a p*ssing contest. Please and thank you again for any advice given.

Wow guys didn't mean to start a debate first off. I didn't get that quote from Ronnie it was "Tim" I believe. I must say though I have been taking my cars there since i was 16 and have the utmost trust in their work and reliability. Anyways this car is not my daily driver it has set for 2 years waiting for me to save the money to fix it. I finally have the money together and just want to make sure that i get the best bang for my buck. I would love to have as much reliable power as possible being that it will be on the road more so then the track. I just need good advice and don't want to start a p*ssing contest. Please and thank you again for any advice given.

You're right, this is your thread. The posts have been removed. Carry on.

Have two kids to raise.. Ive had the same motor since i was 16. It has 109k miles on it, problem being i had since i was 16 lets just say i wasnt the safest driver back then now i have low compression in almost all cylinders. Still unsure of I will do either way i will have to get the block done. I was look at D.S.S. and they have a 331 kit all forged internals for 1699.99. Any opinions on DSS parts??

Alright I made a move. Went ahead and got the 331 kit with a dart sportsman block topped with afr 185 heads holly system max intake and 30 lb injectors. All in all its going to be $8800 with tax and labor. They said im look at about 400 at the wheels 500 at the crank.:lol: