What To Do?

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
What would you guys do?

I can either leave the car as it is (see sig), hang on to it for another year and a half, sell it at that point and take the $ and trade my harley in on either a used 13/14 gt500 or a new gt350...

Or

Start the 'major mods' I have always wanted to do my car this tax season, keep the harley, and buy a new f-150.

My car has been paid off for years. If I do decide to keep it, what would you guys do first? I have a four part plan for the car...

1.) driveline.. Ie d&d T56 magnum swap w/ 31 spline diff, axles, and a fresh set of 3.73's that don't whine (I made the mistake of having a shop put them in instead of doing it myself cuz I was being lazy)

2.) return style fuel system with rails, injectors, sct BA MAF and a retune

3.) built shortblock w/ trickflow heads and mhs stg 3 tf blower cams

4.) suspension

The transmission isn't healthy right now and I don't trust the rear end. I have fuel and tune issues as well.

I see no reason to put suspension or a built motor in it until the driveline or fuel issues or fixed.

I don't know what to do... I hate the idea of doing all the work to fix the driveline, just to have to re accomplish it when I do the motor, but I'll never have the $ to do both at the same time. I also am not sure about the fuel system because after that, I will be making more power which will probably toast the driveline.

Or I can get a stable new platform and start over... But I have sentimental attachment to the car and don't really want to sell it... Besides I have had it for ever and know the car inside and out and I have taken very good care of it.

I need to win the lottery. Lol.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I can't bear the thought of getting rid of it... So, I am going to get the D&D T56 Magnum Kit w/ 2.97 wide ratio, McLeod RST twin-disc, adjustable clutch pivot ball, and completely redo the rear end with an FRPP 31 spline diff, moser axles w/ new abs reluctors, new 3.73's, all new bearings, cap studs, and an FRPP Diff cover.

All in - parts should cost around 6k and I am going to get myself some tools (eng support bar, 6 ton press, ratech pinion depth gauge, and some brass punches). I already have dial ind/mag base, and slide caliper.

While I have the k-member out, I'm going to go ahead and install the driver side reusable gasket since I didn't do it last time.

I'm pretty pissed about the 3.73's... I was lazy and had a supposedly respectable shop install them... They whine like hell. When I changed the diff oil last year I checked the backlash by hand and it is way too loose. I won't be lazy again... I'll do it myself.

Bring on the tax return!