What trans cooler?

What trans cooler did you guys go with, or like the best? The only 2 that I know of is the ford one and B&M.
Secondly, have any of you installed a trans temp gauge? How do you install it? Will the gauge come wth directions of how to hook it up? I was planning on going with an auto meter gauge. I remember reading somewhere that you need to get a block or something that goes between the trans and the cooler line, for the temp sensor? not sure though, well thanks for your info though!
PS I am getting a 3200 Stall converter this summer thats why im doing the cooler.

• Sponsors (?)

I have one from Steeda and It's pretty good. However, I hear the B&M GVW 24,000 is about the best available and will allow you to run at the coolest temperatures. I've also heard they have one out now with a fan which you switch on using a switch manually. As for installing a temp. guage, I've never done it before but I do know that Chad (White2K_GT or something like that) has all the neccesary info. on some homepage of his. If anyone has the info. I'm talking about, please post. As for the torque converter, I think a 3200 rpm stall is a good stall to go with. I also recommend PI Stallion series torque converter. I got mine shipped to the door for 714 from Houston perfromance. You can contact them off their web page at www.houstonperformance.com

Dark Knight GT said:
I have one from Steeda and It's pretty good. However, I hear the B&M GVW 24,000 is about the best available and will allow you to run at the coolest temperatures. I've also heard they have one out now with a fan which you switch on using a switch manually. As for installing a temp. guage, I've never done it before but I do know that Chad (White2K_GT or something like that) has all the neccesary info. on some homepage of his. If anyone has the info. I'm talking about, please post. As for the torque converter, I think a 3200 rpm stall is a good stall to go with. I also recommend PI Stallion series torque converter. I got mine shipped to the door for 714 from Houston perfromance. You can contact them off their web page at www.houstonperformance.com

Yeah I checked Chad's website before. The B&M is probably what I'll go with. The trans fan sounds like a cool thing to look into. I was planning on going with a PI stallion converter. I checked their website but the didnt sell from there, thanks for Houstons site! You wouldnt happen to know what trans I would have in my '98 GT would you? I'm not sure if its a 4R70W or a AODE?
Thanks for the info though

98SteedaStang said:
Yeah I checked Chad's website before. The B&M is probably what I'll go with. The trans fan sounds like a cool thing to look into. I was planning on going with a PI stallion converter. I checked their website but the didnt sell from there, thanks for Houstons site! You wouldnt happen to know what trans I would have in my '98 GT would you? I'm not sure if its a 4R70W or a AODE?
Thanks for the info though

You have the 4r70w transmission. Its also an AODE transmission. If you call Houston Peformance, they'll know what one to get for your car.

Yup, B&M 24,000. Got it from summit for $56 shipped. My tranny doesn't slip at all anymore. The one's with a fan are cool, but expensive, really expensive. For that price you could just buy a fan and install it (what I plan on doing).

98SteedaStang said:
so the 4R70W trans and the AODE are the same trans?

It depends on who's definition your looking at. The 4r70w transmission is an AODE transmission because AODE means "Electric Automatic with Over Drive". The 4r70w transmission is an electronically operated automatic transmission with over drive.