what trans?

• Sponsors (?)

YES it will bolt up to your 2.3T like it was made for the application. Now the question is will it work YES but not for long, some will say yes it will work and some have had it work but ask yourself this. Are you going to get on it?????? Are you wanting more control over the powerband???? Do you want to put in a AL4D just to destroy it and then go to the T5 like you should in the first place????? ( I already have asked all of these questions) The Merker had a C3 Auto that will work in the 2.3T It sits in my garage waiting for its buddy AL4D to come out and sit beside it.....

I'm using a C4 truck trans with low first, shift kit and reworked torque converter.
No overdrive is a drawback but I'm using tall gears in the rear so 60 mph cruising is not a prob.
Nothing wrong with a good auto, it just has to be built right.
These little pinto converters are great, reworked they are even better.

I have seen the C3 last a whole lot longer than the AL4d But Still they will both be sitting in my garage because I am going T5. If you are set on staying Auto then that is cool but dont sell out the manual route yet.

C-3 up to 86
A4LD 87-88

Aside from weak mainshaft the A4LD really benefits from a good Torque converter, as with most auto's.

I wouldn't take one drag racing but I think if one really wanted auto & OD for the street, you could achieve it with carefull rebuilding.

Most shops do the cheapo rebuildo, 1 year guarantee, hope we see you again when the warranty expires.
You have to know and trust someone that can do a good build up.
The money needs to go into certain parts and not their pockets.
The labour is the same