What valve cover can I use with Proform roller rockers?

Code Red

Jan 5, 2002
Austin, TX
Need advice. Has anybody used Proform 1.6 Roller Rockers? I just put on a set and they sit high. Stock valve cover won't fit. :bang: It's about 2 1/4 inches high. I'm thinking about putting a 3/8 or 1/2 spacer on the stock intake. Is there a valve cover that's about 2 1/2" high? I also have an option to install an Explorer intake with a 3/8" spacer. but I would have to use an Edelbrock elbow adapter. Has anybody done this? Maybe that would give me more room under the plenum?

• Sponsors (?)

I used them and I had to purchase a FOX set of valve covers. I got a set from Ebay and then on the inside I had to remove some material from the inner supports. I also removed the oil deflection plate and then replaced it with a piece of flat steel. The plate is shaped up with a V that hits the valve still. Also you have to tend to the stock upper intake manifold. The FOX covers will hit the casted corners on the back where the PVC valve albow sticks out and the EGR area has to be knock down just a bit. A grinder must be used on the upper because there is a lot of material. It is easy to do though. The valve covers are just as easy. I dont know about any other upper brands and there fit on a set of FOX covers. This is just stock info.