what will be worth more?

• Sponsors (?)

To the Mustang enthusiast...the Notch probably...due to rarity...or the ever-elusive T-Top Fox3. :D

Seriously though. I'm wondering how many Fox3 T-top cars are there? less than 93 Cobras?

Flavadave4 said:
prolly comes down to production numbers.....I cant say cause i dont know nor do i care but i am sure there were less Superbees

I was just saying that it doesn't matter if a car was more expensive when new, it may not necessarily be more valuable down the road.
For instance, I'm sure the '95 GTS cars will be more collectible than GT's.

The main thing comes down to what people want. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. That's why I personally think the LX's will be more valueable because their looks aren't as dated as the GT's.

If we're shooting for rarity, I wouldn't mind owning one of the Saleen Notch SSP's.

I am going to say a notch will be worth more because over time it’s going to be hard to find one that wasn’t cutup to make a drag car. There will always be plenty of gt's in good shape just because of speculators; this is not the same with a notch imo.

nonglossjason said:
Well my dad and i have been aruing about this particular subject for sometime now. He doesnt really know anything about fox bodies but he does have a good point. He says that in the future gt's (87-93) will be worth more than notches but i disagree. What do you guys think? He is using the fastbacks(65 and up) as an example compared to the coupe (64 1/2 and up). I think that the notch is going to be worth more but i could be wrong!

Jason,

I couldn't find a clean reasonably priced Notch when I started looking. There were a bunch of hatchbacks around but very few coupes. In the Portland area the drag racer and the local shop guys s n atch the coupes up almost as quick as they show up on CL.

I like my GT but I wish I would have run across a deal like you got on your Notch.

In the long run I'm not sure which will be worth more, but right now, locally, the coupes seem to be hard to get your hands on.

Keith

RedFoxGT said:
The only reason Notches are worth more right now is because there were
less of them made. Once the GT's start becoming as rare as the Notches, they will be worth more. It all comes down to the looks; IMO the Notch body style is somewhat of an acquired taste in which you have to be more of a Mustang enthusiast to appreciate. If you ask anyone on the street which one looks better I can bet that 95% will say the GT. Plus, the GT was used in more movies than the Notch was. The Notch just doesn't have the sporty appeal that the GT has.

Either there is a large difference in taste between the U.S. and Canada, or that's just a silly statement. It may be perceived as bias because I own a coupe, but I spotted my first one at 7 and since that age I hated the looks of GT's and still do. I find it hard to go anywhere in my car without people telling me how nice it is.

Dont get me wrong, there are some amazing GT's on this site, but a stock looking GT looks like a giant turd to me. Flat in the front, flat in the back, gay sideskirts. :notnice: Obviously just my opinion, but through my experiences, people around these parts prefer the look of a notch (or lx, period) over a GT anyday.

Take a look around and notice how many people are saying they want a notch, and how many of those people are selling their GT's or their lx hatches to buy one.

..But opinions are like @ssholes, everyones got 'em and they all stink...:shrug:

Edit: This only applies to aero years. The 4 eye notches dont do it for me, but the gts do. I love 79-82 GT's, Capris', aero lx hb's, etc. I just dont like stock aero GT's.

Neither will be worth much. You dont see regular 67+ mustangs going for much, it is only the ones that have something special about them or that everyone all of a sudden have a hard on for that go up in value. Pace cars, cobras, mclarens, saleens, and anniversary cars will be worth the most but still not a whole lot. Pace cars are almost 30 years old and even mint ones rarely go for more than 20k.

i think the 94-98 model cars wil NEVER be worth as much as the foxes. other than the 70's mustang II i think those are the ugliest things going! i remember when i saw my first 94GT i got so depressed...i figured it would be the end of the mustang! then that GARBAGE motor they put in the 96's...... i'm glad they unF'd that situation.....

KCoppola said:
i think the 94-98 model cars wil NEVER be worth as much as the foxes. other than the 70's mustang II i think those are the ugliest things going! i remember when i saw my first 94GT i got so depressed...i figured it would be the end of the mustang! then that GARBAGE motor they put in the 96's...... i'm glad they unF'd that situation.....

LOL

That's what most people think about foxes. Also, our cars are ALREADY worth more than foxes. It was a good prediction though...but not really.:nice::rlaugh:

795.0pacecar said:
Neither will be worth much. You dont see regular 67+ mustangs going for much, it is only the ones that have something special about them or that everyone all of a sudden have a hard on for that go up in value. Pace cars, cobras, mclarens, saleens, and anniversary cars will be worth the most but still not a whole lot. Pace cars are almost 30 years old and even mint ones rarely go for more than 20k.

:stupid:

The problem with the '79 Pace cars is that they weren't that limited; unlike '65 and '94.

stykthyn said:
verts would be better if you could actually find parts for them. makes me sad that I bought one.

You won't feel bad in the long run. 'Verts will always be worth more than hardtops because once a car is a collectible it usually only sees good weather. Most people will pay more money to be able to drop the top if they're gonna keep a car for good weather.

If you're looking at it from a racing standpoint though, a fox chassis 'vert will always flex like laughy taffy.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]You won't feel bad in the long run. 'Verts will always be worth more than hardtops because once a car is a collectible it usually only sees good weather. Most people will pay more money to be able to drop the top if they're gonna keep a car for good weather.

If you're looking at it from a racing standpoint though, a fox chassis 'vert will always flex like laughy taffy.[/QUOTE]

Except the Fox vert is just ugly........OMG did i just say that out loud?