What will the Ricers think?

• Sponsors (?)

At least it should still sound like a V8 even if it has massive Fart Cans hanging out from underneath it!!

I've often wondered what a Mustang might sound like with a couple fart cans. It would look retarted and probably wouldnt sound good either but I'm curious. I'm sure some sideways leaning baggy panted poser thug has a fart canned V8 mustang out there someplace...

Why does everybody say this is a bad thing and associate it with ricers? It's probably going to cost around $25-30000, not $1000 and come with free tribal decals.

BTW, a V6 Tibby with a cams and a good exhaust system is the best sounding V6 I've heard.

Damn that's cool, more RWD cars on the market! I have to admit that Hyundai is beating Honda in producing good quality cars for cheap. With the Accent, I just have to put gas in it and go... Other than changing oil, I never really need to open the hood.

But still a 4.6L V8 in that body style sounds freaking cool! But isn't the V6 tibby heavy as hell though?

"TAU V8 POWER TRAIN

Adding to the Concept Genesis' performance factor is the all-new Tau 4.6-litre V8 engine mated to a ZF six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual control and a limited-slip differential. The Tau V8 delivers well over 300 horsepower (223kW) to satisfy performance-oriented drivers. This power train combination will launch Genesis to 60 mph (96km/h) in well under six seconds. The Tau engine is built with flexibility for the future when variants may offer larger displacement, forced induction options and other technology enhancements. "

Their are rumours of a 5.0L V8 and 5.5L V8... damn we will have to go to Hyundai to get our 5.0L back :lol:

I have heard one Tiburon (i dont know what mods he had) but it blew by me in my truck, and i swear it sounded almost as deep and throaty as a v-8, my jaw hit the ground. no tacky stickers, just all black, dark tinted windows, and tasteful rims... i would have rocked that thing :nice:

On another note... WHY THE **** does everyone put those damn stick on port holes on thier impalas / caprices / kias etc.... that has got to be my worst pet peeve.. i HATE how that looks....

Or when someone puts those damn 23" little chrome badges on thier fenders..... right next to thier stock wheels.... im guessing they could only afford the emblem and the wheels are in layaway :shrug:

Why does everybody say this is a bad thing and associate it with ricers? It's probably going to cost around $25-30000, not $1000 and come with free tribal decals.

BTW, a V6 Tibby with a cams and a good exhaust system is the best sounding V6 I've heard.

No one said it was a bad thing. I think Hyundai is really becoming a good company. I like their designs and I like the cars they are producing. They also like to go straight for the heavy hitters, too. They are coming out with a V8 rear drive luxury sedan that reports say is gunning for the C class mercedes. They are drastically changing the Tiburon and aiming straight for the most established V8 RWD sports coupe in the Mustang. To me, thats awesome. It also means that if the V8 Tib is successful, ford will have to step it up with the mustang which is good news for guys like us. The ricer references has to do with the fact that the Tib is abandoning everything that made it potential rice, and its becoming a real heavy hitter. Many fans of the current tib are sure not going to like the fact that it is going against everything that they "stand for" as far as their argument about making a fast car out of something that started out not so fast. However, I would hope that more people are happy by this change, because Hyundai is giving enthusiasts something to actually compete with out of the box, rather than playing catch up all the time, as is the game with the import scene in general...mod the piss out of your car in hopes of eventually being able to beat a stock domestic muscle car.

And yes, a V6 tib does sound pretty exotic and cool. not with generic rice boy fart cans though. nothing sounds good with those. it has to be one of the actual decent brand names to sound respectable.

My friend had a real nice Tuscani (sp?) Tib... VERY nice little car, that thing would out-handle an S2000* (well it handles pretty damn good anyway).

*Warning for the honda-fan-boy-club: I know an S2000 will outhandle my crappy ruststang, it's ricer King and never be beat by anything American or Korean. I have not tested the S2000 on a track, I have driven the Tuscani Tib and it was pretty impressive. I have nothing against the S2000, it is a RWD sports car (not a honda civic).

"TAU V8 POWER TRAIN

Adding to the Concept Genesis' performance factor is the all-new Tau 4.6-litre V8 engine mated to a ZF six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual control and a limited-slip differential. The Tau V8 delivers well over 300 horsepower (223kW) to satisfy performance-oriented drivers. This power train combination will launch Genesis to 60 mph (96km/h) in well under six seconds. The Tau engine is built with flexibility for the future when variants may offer larger displacement, forced induction options and other technology enhancements. "

Their are rumours of a 5.0L V8 and 5.5L V8... damn we will have to go to Hyundai to get our 5.0L back :lol:

No Manual Tranny Option?