What wire is this....

5.8liter

Mar 4, 2003
Is this the main windshield wiper motor wire...putting my bay together and can't locate where it goes....help??:shrug:

Attachments

• tn.jpeg
    tn.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Sponsors (?)

:shrug: I would probably agree with the 1st response.

That said, it's kinda hard to know, considering the photo is merely thumbnail size, and more importantly, we don't know for sure what the vehicle is, although most would think it's a Fox body, right about where the brake booster is attached. Different yrs got different harnesses. That could simply be a plug in port for testing.

Throw a dog a bone... I'm just sayin' ... :nice:

To identify the wire, the car year, model and wire color is needed. Wires have two colors, a solid main color and a colored tracer stripe. Both colors are needed to identify the wire.

Yeah...guys my bad that was a horrible pic, and little information at best. It is from a 1990 fox body, and is not the one that attaches to the brake booster. It actually comes off of the washer motor itself, on the top of it. It is the gray triangular one shown in the pic. I'm just trying to figure out where it gets plugged into since my bay is a wiring nightmare right now. I will post another pic...hopefully re-sized.

Thx:stupid:

The pictures are useless: the last one won't enlarge.The wire colors are an absloute key to finding out what the connector goes to. Each wire color with the stripe color represents a circuit identifer. Once the wire/stripe colors are given, they can be matched to the color code descriptions in the factory wring diagrams.

Hood light wire

Wrong answer - the hood light connector is Dark brown connector with a single black/orange wire.

If there are 3 or 4 wires in the connector, it goes to the windshield wiper motor.

If there are not 3 or 4 wires, you need to post the wire/stripe colors.

Here's the windshield wiper motor wiring diagram. Note the wire/stripe colors on the drawing. The shape of the connectors in the drawing should match the actual shape of the wiring connectors in your car
attachment.php

Attachments

• Wiindshield wiper wiring.GIF
    Wiindshield wiper wiring.GIF
    51.6 KB · Views: 114