What would make turn signals blink really slow?

cardudeusa

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Home of the Florida Gators!
Im getting ready to get my 87 on the road for the first time. I was testing bliners and stuff. Every last one of them work, but really really slow. Anyone know what would cause this. Also the flasher was missing so I got one and it wouldn't plug in, like the holes were to big for the flasher. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

you either have the wrong flasher, system voltage is low, or incorrect bulbs. You see, each bulb, 1157, 3157 ect, has a different candlepower. Hence, they take more amperage to operate. how do flashers flash? With a bi-metellic strip inside them that gets hot and breaks contact when current is drawn through it, then closes when it cools, this happens decently fast. Soooooo, if you have the wrong bulbs installed, ex.- low candlepower or non-functioning bulb, it will flash slow.

College is teaching me something. :scratch:

85 Coupe 5.0 said:
you either have the wrong flasher, system voltage is low, or incorrect bulbs. You see, each bulb, 1157, 3157 ect, has a different candlepower. Hence, they take more amperage to operate. how do flashers flash? With a bi-metellic strip inside them that gets hot and breaks contact when current is drawn through it, then closes when it cools, this happens decently fast. Soooooo, if you have the wrong bulbs installed, ex.- low candlepower or non-functioning bulb, it will flash slow.

College is teaching me something. :scratch:

Ok, thanks Ill have to check into the bulb thing.