What would you buy, looking for advice

Itkix

Mar 9, 2009
Think its time to sell the 94 gt and start to look for a new project, just want something newer, but dont like the 2005 up body style, so thinking a 03/04 cobra or a 05-06 ls2 vette, what would you get. Cobra tons of parts can be bought not to expensive, vette looks way better, not a ton of parts and very expensive.

• Sponsors (?)

Ummm, I for one wouldn't have any trouble with this decision, but I strongly prefer Mustangs. I had a conversation with a buddy the other day that has a really nice Porsche--he couldn't comprehend the fact that although I would rather have a Mustang than a Porsche. Same thing in my book for Vettes. If someone GAVE me a Vette, I'd sell it and buy one or more Mustangs. Not that there's anything wrong with Vettes (or Porsches), they just don't do much for me.

Why not do a Cobra kit? That'd be significantly different, and allow you to build your own thing, rather than mod somebody elses?

Understand on the Ford only, Ive never had a Chevy but have always loved the vette, so I'm still not sure about that yet, what are you calling a cobra kit exactly.

I don't see how you could go wrong with a terminator and a few bolt on's. That's what I would do.

My step dad had a mid 80's vette and it was the biggest POS ever. Leaked oil/tranny fluid no matter how many places he took it to get fixed. So I am scarred for life with vettes.

My step dad had a mid 80's vette and it was the biggest POS ever. Leaked oil/tranny fluid no matter how many places he took it to get fixed. So I am scarred for life with vettes.

I wouldn't let the 80's GM mistake scare me from a C6, super nice stock and absolute beasts if you can afford to mod them. That's like someone saying hey don't buy a SN 95 because of the Mustang II. GO for the vette if you got the cash then bring it to TN and share please :D

tough call. i'm not anti-vette, just a big big mustang fan. i havent driven a c6 but i have driven two c5's ( 6 speed & auto ). i have to admit these are very comfortable fast cars. if money isn't a issue and performance is a must, go drive a vette and see what you think. terminators look freakin awesome, have bulletproof bottom ends and are pretty darn fast - and very modable. i've also driven two termi's and was impressed.

honestly, if it were me i would probably go with a low mile 05 up car. they are slower than both the vette and termi but they are SO comfortable to drive, which would be a big factor in my decision. if i had a nice chunk of change to spend, id be happy buying a s197, mod it a little and bank the rest.

still a nice ride while having some cash in the bank.

wow, i sound old. :nonono: