What would you do, need some advice

w.neurauter

Apr 25, 2005
Hi,
The other night I had a run in with a curb and blew two driver side tires and bent both wheels. At first glance I thought I only bent one wheel so I ordered 2 tires and one bullitt wheel from the tirerack. After another look I noticed I bent the second wheel. Here's where the decision comes in, the tire rack had the goodyear eagles on back order till Sept, so I bought 2 245/45YR-17 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position tires for $149.00 on closeout. Should I just order another wheel and put the 2 new tires on the front, or should I bite the bullet and order 2 more new Bridgestones when I order the wheel online tonight? How funky do you think it will look with 2 different tires on the front and the stocks on the rear? The old tires have 30k on them and probably 10k or so left. Thanks in advance for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

w.neurauter said:
Hi,
The other night I had a run in with a curb and blew two driver side tires and bent both wheels. At first glance I thought I only bent one wheel so I ordered 2 tires and one bullitt wheel from the tirerack. After another look I noticed I bent the second wheel. Here's where the decision comes in, the tire rack had the goodyear eagles on back order till Sept, so I bought 2 245/45YR-17 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position tires for $149.00 on closeout. Should I just order another wheel and put the 2 new tires on the front, or should I bite the bullet and order 2 more new Bridgestones when I order the wheel online tonight? How funky do you think it will look with 2 different tires on the front and the stocks on the rear? The old tires have 30k on them and probably 10k or so left. Thanks in advance for the help.

If the tires in the front need to be replaced as well, replace them. They're a safety issue and you shouldn't cheap out. Put a penny in the tread with Abe's head facing down. If you can see the top of his head, you need new tires.

There tires are definetely not a safety issue, there's about 10k worth of tread left on them. I'm just trying to decide whether the looks are going to matter more than anything. It's a pretty different tread design that makes the sidewall look a bit different as well.