What would you do?

z28forlife

Sep 12, 2005
There's a 2000 stang gt w/ mph heads and built bottom end with low comp pistons, 4.10 gears, 33 spline axles w/ c-clip eliminator flowmaster exhaust but it has 90k on the car and around 30k on the motor for $10,500. I've found a 2002 stock gt no mods at all and 60k for only $10,000. Would yall bye the gt with more miles but a built motor or rather just bye one with no mods and make the car my own. I want to s/c in the future but I'm not sure if I want a car with that many miles. So, what would yall do???Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

There's a 2000 stang gt w/ mph heads and built bottom end with low comp pistons, 4.10 gears, 33 spline axles w/ c-clip eliminator flowmaster exhaust but it has 90k on the car and around 30k on the motor for $10,500. I've found a 2002 stock gt no mods at all and 60k for only $10,000. Would yall bye the gt with more miles but a built motor or rather just bye one with no mods and make the car my own. I want to s/c in the future but I'm not sure if I want a car with that many miles. So, what would yall do???Thanks.

nice name for one.....its all personal preferance..do you want to get the satisfaction of making your car fast?...or be the dbag that bought his car fast?

personally, I enjoy modding my car.

Well some other factors are how much money you can throw around at the car. Granted one car is already modded but you have the chance of not knowing anything about it.. You dont know if it was build correctly "For sure" and even if it was broken in correctlly.. Just for starters...:shrug:

I would rather buy the stock one and start from stratch, and know whats done with it, and knowing that "I" did all my own modding the way i wanted to do it... IMO..

Let us know what you end up doing, but know 1st time around, get what you want, no mess with anything less.. your just wasting your time (or spending more, and more, and more money lol)

Just bet on the built motor car have being beating on rather hard. Stock GT's arent fun, especially if you cant hear them so its more likely been cared for alot more.

I was thinking the same thing about modding a stock car, it's more fun and I know exactly whats been done to it. The built car was assembled at modular power house in Atl so I'm prety sure it's a good motor but I still think I would rather have a car stock w/ 30k less miles. oh, and about the name, it's just somethan I've been useing for about 5 years now mainly b/c no one else has it.

In this case, built motor car IMO. If everything is in oder, there is no reason not to buy a modded car - but if it's all jank and chopped up then don't bother! For instance, this guy I know bought a built 97 cobra, its all hacked up, beat to crap, only has ONE aftermarket strut and that whole corner of the car just doesn't look "right", wheels are pitted, car isn't tuned worth a crap, huge tach just drilled onto the dash, and he has no idea what any of the parts in the car are.